Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not exactly new, but I'm not super savvy, either. I bought an XD a few weeks ago and have had it to the range once. I noticed that the trigger pull is longer than I'd like, stiffer than I'd like, and a bit gritty. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this gun, but what benefit would I expect from a trigger job? Or is there anything else to 'upgrade' the gun without spending a fortune on it?

Thanks ahead of time. I love this site as well. All of you guys are absolutely great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Benefits are no grit, less take up, less re-set distance, no circuit breaker like click as the trigger breaks, pull weight set as you want it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tango Sierra said:
Benefits are no grit, less take up, less re-set distance, no circuit breaker like click as the trigger breaks, pull weight set as you want it.
Are all these benefits included in the standard Canyon Creek trigger job that everyone here touts? If so, sounds good to me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do I gauge the pull weight poundage? I don't know the difference by feel between a 4# or an 8#, but obviously I could tell which is easier. I just couldn't fire a gun and say, "Oh, that's about a 3.5# trigger..." What should I opt for?

·
Registered
533 Posts
call canyon creek. talk to rich. tell him what you are using the gun for and he will help you out on what should be done to the gun.

he is very honest and helpful. he will not try to sell you on anything you dont need.

·
Registered
885 Posts
rgoudy1975 said:
How do I gauge the pull weight poundage? I don't know the difference by feel between a 4# or an 8#, but obviously I could tell which is easier. I just couldn't fire a gun and say, "Oh, that's about a 3.5# trigger..." What should I opt for?
If you decide to get Rich to do your trigger work, you can request he report the factory trigger weight to you. He measures the pull weight (from the bottom of the trigger) before and after his work. The XD has a factory trigger pull weight of 5.5 to 7.5 lbs. The lightest he will go on a daily carry weapon is 4 lbs. On a dedicated competition piece, he can go down to ~2 lbs.

I don't know what method he uses to measure pull weight. :?:
I do know that he reported my trigger pull weight before the work to be at 4.75 lbs. I assume the 'factory weight' of my sub-compact was lower than what Springfield Armory reports because of the many rounds I had put through it before sending it to Rich.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts