Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Birmingham, Al. Area.

No one has anything left :(.

I only found that Pleasant Grove Guns in Pleasant Grove, Al. has a few ar and ak left.

If anyone in the birmingham area wants one they had better get one fast.

The owner, Mike said that once his stock is gone, he will not be able to get anymore :(.

This is what the other gun stores in the area are telling me also. They have already sold out. :eek:.

The store hours are 10a-6p. Telephone # is 205-744-4157.

Tell Mike...... David sent you :lol:

·
Registered
315 Posts
plenty left down here. Price is raised. But they are here. God bless Texas!

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
People are buying AK's and AR's like idiots. I went to the gun shop and stood there for four hours yesterday just to watch people panic. Best entertainment in years. Guys coming in and wanting M1 mags. Store owner points over at me and says "He bought them ALL last week for $20 a pop. We have none left." Then they ask for AK mags. Gone. AR mags. Gone.

The only AR's left are obscure things like AR's chambered in 7.62x39, or Ak-47's that are milled and they want $1400 for them. Etc. There are a couple FN 2000's left. All the Microteg AUG's are gone. All the M1A's are gone. All the Rock River AR's are gone. All the sub-$700 AK's are gone. people were in there yesterday dropping their Credit Card on all the remaining high dollar chit.

We have come to the conclusion that the bulk of the buyers, right now, are Obama supporters. There are quite a few anti-Obama posters in the store. Nothing derogatory. Just a list of his voting record and facts about his gun control policies. Some of these "first time" buyers are getting pissed at the posters, leading me to believe that they are Obama supporters, and having a bad case of "I told ya so".

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
My dealer just tried to order a Rock River varmint gun for himself. He said that RRA has a 4 month backlog on orders.

I got my AR's and lower receivers last year. I told him then to order some more. He didn't listen.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I went by there on Friday and he just got in 12 ARs, but the SKSs and the AKs didn't arrive. He had two Saigas and one SKS left. The new shipment of mags didn't arrive. He called and they said "You'll get them, when we get them"... Its getting thin.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get nothing out of it.........just trying to help :D

He has only a few left :evil:

I want one but cannot afford one :evil:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
most of my lgs are pretty picked clean. 1 lgs i found has ~15-20 bushys and ~10 aks. another i found has 4 stripped lowers.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
We got squat left here for the most part. As of a few days ago, one shop had a MAK-90 and a nice 870. Another had one Remington R25 and a VERY, VERY overpriced Bushmaster carbine.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Local shop had about a dozen black rifles left, the cheapest of which was $1100 and the most expensive was over $2000. The pimped S&W M&P was $1600.

They had about 6-9 AK's in various forms. WASR 10 was $600. They had an Arsenal AK for $1100.

Quite a few M1A but they are so expensive to begin with.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Looks like my local shops are doing pretty good on the gun thing but all the parts are gone, as well as mags, the 223 ammo shelves are pretty well bare too!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wasr's still at $300, and AR's still at normal prices and in stock.

Actually bought a Saiga 12 from my local shop a couple days ago for $525 out the door.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I am in southeast Wisconsin. I haven't been to my favorite little local shop lately, but they usually don't have much as far as ARs and AKs go. They usually have 2-4 used rifles, and one or two stripped lowers, if they have anything at all. I'm sure they're sold out of any lowers they had, as they had pretty competitive prices on those in the past.

I did attend a gun show this past Sunday, and there were plenty of ARs around, and they didn't seem to be moving really fast. The one vendor that sells accessories and complete upper assemblies was crazy busy, and seemed to be selling magazines and smaller accessories like sights and stuff rather than upper assemblies. I looked at a gently used Mini-14 target and was considering getting it (yes, I know, what is wrong with me?), but is was sold by the time I got back to it. There were a few complete lower assemblies at the show ranging from $289 to about $400, but I saw no stripped lower recievers.

Yesterday I was in a Sportsman's Warehouse, and they had 4 ARs on the rack behind the counter. They usually have at least 8 different models/types on display, along with a couple M1As, so they must be moving prduct.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are still retailers on the 'net that have some stuff...

Also, check classifieds over at ar15.com.

Lowers are the only part that are hard to come by right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts