1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be for a 4 in. XD Service.

Referring to pound rating.

Thanks.

Is this really a worthwhile add-on (Don's guide rod)?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes .4O

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I use the 22# in mine, works great. I shoot mostly WWB. If you use low power ammo you may want a weaker spring. Conversly, if you use the high powered stuff maybe a 24# would be better. Considering the low price of springs, you might buy a couple and decide which one you like best.

·
Registered
65 Posts
pistol-gear.com has a rod and spring combo what kind are they and are they any good or should I get the don's rod and wolff spring from them that is separate. thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
blackxd40 said:
pistol-gear.com has a rod and spring combo what kind are they and are they any good or should I get the don's rod and wolff spring from them that is separate. thanks
The combo is a Don's rod and Wolff spring. I got the 22# for my .40 and am very satisfied.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The answer to this question is probably posted here, but I'm feeling lazy.

What makes Don's guide rod better than the factory piece? How is it different from the stock design?

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
What makes Don's guide rod better than the factory piece? How is it different from the stock design? -stealth-
You can easily change recoil springs with Don's Guide Rod.
I use the 24 pound spring and see a big improvement in quicker followup shots and less muzzle rise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts