Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently keep the XD in my room. My parents don't really care for guns (although my mom said she would go shooting with me one day :eek:) so keeping it on my desk or headboard is out of the option. I have a gun case for my rifles/shotguns in the basement, but I want the XD in my room just incase.

Right now I keep the XD in the factory case. Is there any negatives to keeping it in the factory case? I thought I remembered someone telling me a LONG time ago not to keep my rifles in the carrying case (foam) because they can't breathe.

Anyways what are some good alternatives for a place to store the gun? I'm sure I could do some google searching, but since most of you all are very experienced I'll try not to reinvent the wheel.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
i dont like storing them in foam lined cases, or soft lined fabric zipper bags, as they can absorb the lubricant off the guns.
if she feels that way about them look for bedside locking gun cases, can be had for around $100 or so. it will appease her a bit, and show her your responsible and taking her feelings into account..

cheers

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont like storing them in foam lined cases, or soft lined fabric zipper bags, as they can absorb the lubricant off the guns.
if she feels that way about them look for bedside locking gun cases, can be had for around $100 or so. it will appease her a bit, and show her your responsible and taking her feelings into account..

cheers
Ok I will look around as well. I was wondering about those zipper bags, if they were good or not. Are there any bedside cases that you have had experience with? Good ones, bad ones?

I'm not looking to spend a whole lot on this (100 or less) as hopefully when I graduate from school I'll be getting my own place.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just got a fireproof one at swill-mart to keep next to the bed. Nothing fancy, but it works.

I keep a handtowel in the bottom as well as one of the drying agent pouches to absorb any moisture that may get inside.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There's also something like this that could be, potentially, more practical:
- Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

Hang it near your bed and you could also use it in the car since holsters are generally hard to get to while wearing a seatbelt.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Buy a cheap locking document case at Wally World. Might keep a kid away from your gun.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
An old pair of pants, a hanger and somebody who knows how to use a sewing machine and you can make one of these, nobody will know it's there except you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts