Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a show on the rapture, and they mentioned the Hopi version of the Rapture Prophecy, and it sounded more like Aliens to me.

That got me thinking....
What if the Rapture was a huge fleet of alien craft making contact with everyone all at once?

Aliens could also fit the Christian Rapture Prophecies too. That that would be being taken bodily to Heaven, wouldn't it? Covering the whole globe with ships and broadcasting their message all at once would be like "in a heartbeat". Even raising the dead might fit the bill if they heal the near dead and recent dead to show proof of their good will and wisdom.

Would you trust these aliens? Would you have "Faith" in their goodwill? It could very easily be like the miniseries "V" and they are looking for cattle or they could be benign and seeking to preserve humanity from the coming mess. One we are making for ourselves, or even a coming natural global calamity; it wouldn't matter. Either way, they would have limited capacity and may be selective of those they take Maybe the first ones in line would be taken until the ship fills up. Those taken would be the most faithful of the Alien's message. Sociopaths could be more troublesome no matter the motives of these "Angelic" Aliens and they may not be wanted and be screened out. Either way, the World would be a mess in the short term (7 years maybe?) after they left. Either way, the Aliens might have planted the seeds of the Prophecy in an earlier visit, or just use our existing beliefs for their purposes; for good or evil.

Would you volunteer for an ET Rapture?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
If you are right....then I really need to invest in a Stainless Steel, foil lined hat.......

Echoing the christian's second coming...we will not know the day or hour, or even who or how...but make no mistake....it (He) is coming.....

You may be onto something here....which could suck for you because if the Alien's figure out you know their plan....you will be the first one taken and interogated for info

·
Registered
542 Posts
My brother-in-law was in the Airforce, he was stationed at Malmstrom AFB in Montana. He worked on the Nukes and Minuteman III missiles. He swears up and down that WW3 will be started by Aliens. Due to the fact that the missile fields were shut down by whats refered to Alens flying over and sitting in the missile fields. If I recall the missiles field covers 23,500 square miles, a large portion of Montana and extends into the surrounding states. If I remeber there are 50 Flights, each flight is so far from other flights. A flight of missiles are 10 miles apart. One Flight is made up of 10 Minuteman III missiles. So there is a total of 500 Minuteman III missiles each carring 3 warheads. 1500 nukes! I do believe in God, but I can not say that he is not some type of Alien. Lets face it who knows right. :-?

·
Registered
616 Posts
If you are right....then I really need to invest in a Stainless Steel, foil lined hat.......

Echoing the christian's second coming...we will not know the day or hour, or even who or how...but make no mistake....it (He) is coming.....

You may be onto something here....which could suck for you because if the Alien's figure out you know their plan....you will be the first one taken and interogated for info
You don't already have one!?!? Get a move on it man! The aliens are coming ;)

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Sounds like somebody just watched Knowing with Nicholas Cage. ;)

It's an interesting idea. There are some passages in Ezekiel where he refers to seeing "wheels of fire" and "wheels within wheels" that could be interpreted as UFO's if that's easier for some folks to believe in than God or angels manifesting themselves in our finite bit of the continuum. Those who deny a supernatural origin of the world but have problems with the idea of complexity arising out of chaos just by chance often interpret intelligent design as life on earth being cultivated or helped along by an alien race.

I've watched so much science fiction in my life I'm safety-wired in the "xenophobic" position; just judging from our own human history of invasion, genocide, and conquest I think any alien race that shows up here in force is probably not looking out for our best interests no matter what the cover story is.

I believe in Christ and the Biblical accounts of history and the end times, and view things in that framework (which makes me doubt the validity of a pre-tribulation rapture, incidentally), but the one thing I do know is whatever form it takes the start of the end of days will be unmistakable for anything other than the apocalypse.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
You don't already have one!?!? Get a move on it man! The aliens are coming ;)
Get a baby monitor, too. I have it on good authority they can intercept the aliens' encrypted communications. :p

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
My brother-in-law was in the Airforce, he was stationed at Malmstrom AFB in Montana. He worked on the Nukes and Minuteman III missiles. He swears up and down that WW3 will be started by Aliens. Due to the fact that the missile fields were shut down by whats refered to Alens flying over and sitting in the missile fields. If I recall the missiles field covers 23,500 square miles, a large portion of Montana and extends into the surrounding states. If I remeber there are 50 Flights, each flight is so far from other flights. A flight of missiles are 10 miles apart. One Flight is made up of 10 Minuteman III missiles. So there is a total of 500 Minuteman III missiles each carring 3 warheads. 1500 nukes! I do believe in God, but I can not say that he is not some type of Alien. Lets face it who knows right. :-?
Man, there's missile silos all around where I live. Every now and then you see an Air Force humvee with a .50 cal mount driving through town, or in the parking lot of Walmart, so the troops can get some pogey bait.

Never see any aliens, but of course, half the people in town look like the alien from Men In Black. So, could be they're here already.

·
Registered
19,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My basic point is; most Believers of the Rapture expect the Rapture to be exactly like they were taught, with people disappearing in a flash of light. The problem is the New Testament was written by men. More specifically, men from a long time ago that wanted to get a message that would relate to their fellow primitive and simple men. The bible is chocked full of parables, but those that believe it is coming expect it to be literally exactly like they have been taught to interpret the Bible.

What if the Prophecy comes true in a form that you don't expect? Would you recognize it as being from God? Could you transfer your faith in the Ethereal to the Corporal if it took a form you didn't expect? Is your faith limited to the narrow set of beliefs you have been indoctrinated into, or would you assume they are beings sent by God?

What if you are not a Rapture Believer. Would you become one? Would your fear of the times to come be greater than your fear of aliens you have no way of knowing their true motives? Would you fight for survival on your planet? Or are you just a UFO nut that would take any opportunity to leave the earth in a space ship :p

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
My basic point is; most Believers of the Rapture expect the Rapture to be exactly like they were taught, with people disappearing in a flash of light. The problem is the New Testament was written by men. More specifically, men from a long time ago that wanted to get a message that would relate to their fellow primitive and simple men. The bible is chocked full of parables, but those that believe it is coming expect it to be literally exactly like they have been taught to interpret the Bible.

What if the Prophecy comes true in a form that you don't expect? Would you recognize it as being from God? Could you transfer your faith in the Ethereal to the Corporal if it took a form you didn't expect? Is your faith limited to the narrow set of beliefs you have been indoctrinated into, or would you assume they are beings sent by God?

What if you are not a Rapture Believer. Would you become one? Would your fear of the times to come be greater than your fear of aliens you have no way of knowing their true motives? Would you fight for survival on your planet? Or are you just a UFO nut that would take any opportunity to leave the earth in a space ship :p
Well, maybe They will go in a flash of light, if the aliens have transporters.

I'm sure that any aliens that show up will be here to "serve man" ....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Man, there's missile silos all around where I live. Every now and then you see an Air Force humvee with a .50 cal mount driving through town, or in the parking lot of Walmart, so the troops can get some pogey bait.

Never see any aliens, but of course, half the people in town look like the alien from Men In Black. So, could be they're here already.
Yeah my sister always said thoes guys along with the MPs around Nuke land will jack you up at the drop of a hat. Oh I forgot the link! Oh and each missile carries 1 warhead now due to the talks with Russia on limitation treaty.
http://www.cufon.org/cufon/malmstrom/malm1.htm

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Well, maybe They will go in a flash of light, if the aliens have transporters.

I'm sure that any aliens that show up will be here to "serve man" ....
The question is will they be "serving" us to help us, or "serving" us with a side of fries....:shock:

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Yeah my sister always said thoes guys along with the MPs around Nuke land will jack you up at the drop of a hat. Oh I forgot the link!

Malmstrom AFB Missile/UFO Incident, March 1967
The missiles around here are managed out of Warren AFB, in Cheyenne.

I've heard the same thing about staying away from the silos. I.E. They don't play around. They just seem like normal folks in Air Force cammies at Walmart, though.

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
There's good theoretical basis for any space traveling civilization being extremely xenophobic and other thoughts that the only impetus strong enough to drive a civilization across boundless space (outside of xenophobia) is religion.

So we can expect either killer aliens destroying everything or something like Muslims with rayguns killing everyone that fails to convert to their religion!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
If you sit down and read the bible cover to cover like I'm trying to you see a lot of references that all conspiracy theories aside could easily be interpreted as alien contact. For example God was always appearing in a column of smoke from the sky to talk to Moses and Aaron (Especially in the Old Testament book “Numbers”).
That is one of my biggest complaints about Christianity, 2,000 years ago and back God spoke very clearly to people all the time. None of this "well if you are just quiet enough in prayer Jesus speaks to me" crap. He actually made a huge show of it with fire in the sky and saying "I'm going to do X" and then he did X. Unmistakable, you didn't really need much faith it was undeniable proof in front of your face. Now nothing, just preachers telling you they know what to do.

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
...That is one of my biggest complaints about Christianity, 2,000 years ago and back God spoke very clearly to people all the time....
That's not quite accurate. Considering the time span covered by the Old and New Testaments, maybe 6000 or so years, there weren't all that many "direct contacts" between God and man... several dozen, maybe a couple hundred, and that includes dreams. And, for many of those who were "contacted" - those we today term prophets - many were considered crazy, or heretics, or politically driven; many were tortured or killed or sent into exile by the rulers of the day... it is not like people were just waiting around expectantly for the next "God told me...." revelation from Isiah or Jeremiah or whoever. The prophets often preached very unpopular, very uncomfortable concepts for the time.

ETA: And if you believe Jesus Christ fulfilled the prophecies of the Old Testament, why would there be need of additional prophesy since His time? He explained what we need to do.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Yeah, maybe. Or it could be all in the timing. Volcano erupts and you come running out of the woods yelling that God told you the mountain would explode because of sinners!

People have always looked for ways to con the crowds...

Then again, maybe the rapture occurred 1900 years ago and the whole world is populated with the offspring of the unworthy? It would explain why there is no contact with God (we're all Aholes and not worth talking to!) and why the world is so full of hate. Just say'n...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts