Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am all for being prepared to the possible zombie apocalypse but what if it isn't zombies? What if it is aliens. The show Falling Skies has me thinking, how exactly will we combat this? I understand how to kill zombies, shot to the fricken head but aliens are another matter. Am I honestly going to delude myself into thinking that an alien for could possess the technology to travel across the galaxy and attack earth but not possess a defense that would make my rifles and pistols useless?

So I ask what do we do if it is aliens?

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
Get inventive.

Maybe let loose the plague on them.

Either that or play some rap music for them. That noise is almost enough to kill humans, it should be absolutely devastating to alien life forms.

:wink:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Shoot, I thought you were going to post up something difficult. You see, an alien invasion ONLY happens in one of three distinct ways. Aliens are very predictable and in some ways easier to take down than the Living Dead. I'll outline the, again I repeat ONLY, three possible scenarios for you. And keep in mind that these scenarios will happen no matter what because if we haven't thought if it then it can't exist.

Scenario A i.e. the "Big M************ Alien that has a GAPING weakness"

In this SHTF scenario an enormous population of extremely tough, technologically advanced, fear-inspiring extraterrestrial beastmasters come flying down from space in a very aggressive manner and quickly move in to exploderate the major population centers. They have some gnarly information retrieval teams that will gather all sorts of terrible **** about us and use it against us. They are mean and fast. BUT WHAT HAVE WE HERE. Humans can adapt, we learn. And guess what? Oh yes, Mr. Mean-Alien-Guy/Gal (You must be politically correct, even in the face of extinction) has an extreme weakness! All it takes is one little 22lr in the badabing spot and they turn into dead weeners. Or perhaps they are allergic to Dove bath soup? And we make bullets out of said soap and SPLAT dead alien. Or perhaps a queen that controls everything (Think Will Smith) and she is left slightly unprotected on the 3rd day of the 3rd month of their 3rd occupation. Kill her and its party time. Either way, we win and they lose. See War of the Worlds or Independence Day.

Scenario B i.e. "A diverse group of bigoted martians come down to attempt to take over the human world and quite possibly integrate us somewhere in the middle of the social ladder"

See this is one of the easy ones. Everyone knows that every single diverse group of aliens has at least one caste that are complete chickenheads. Examples of this, these speculations come from the foremost experts on extraterrestrial life btw, are grunts from Halo, or the dog from the Jettsons, etc, etc. All we have to do is attack the little guy and hijack their technology. Just take that beautiful S&W 500 and put in said weenie aliens mouth and boom you now have alien weapons and technology. Or perhaps said alien is very unhappy with their low status and they think to themselves "Hey, earth is pretty cool. These people kinda rock socks. Maybe I should sell out my fellow aliens and join up with them. Give them some cool info, maybe enjoy the Hawaiian beaches." And then BANGARANG, we know everything about them or we have their technology. We win. Easy Cheesy.

Scenario C or "Aliens similar to Scenario A, but without the weakness :( BUT they have sworn enemies too! Even more super gangster aliens that are sworn to stop the original mean aliens and their alien technology is more advanced and they have a super cool outlook on giving away their mercenary services"

See in this case, all we have to do is make friends with the Awesome Aliens. Awesome Aliens come from planet Win and there is absolutely no way they want any payment for their good deeds. Cause, well, lets face it...we couldn't exactly pay them back anyway. But yea so this is totally even easier than Scenario A or B. We don't even need to fight. Just sip a Margarita/Juicebox (underage drinking is bad mmkay.) and watch the super awesome Star Wars like sound effects for a week or two. Think of the space battles as SUPER DUPER IMAX. See Transformers 1, Transformers 2, and Transformers without Megan Fox :(

So, the scientific evidence of this posts clearly states that we will win. End of story. Fear not an alien invasion my friend. Keep your energy focused on the looming undead threat.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Play this song.

Proof that it works

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I think there is un-disputable evidence that they have been here, and are still visiting. The goverment knows it, and is just a matter of time before "disclosure" happens. And when it does, it will change everything.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How much ammo does a fellow have to buy. Just when you think you have one problem taken care of here comes another. Damn I can't keep up.

·
Registered
19,975 Posts
Honestly, Aliens won't come in guns blazing. They will research our society a bit, and if they are smart, integrate themselves into our religious prophecies. I did a thread on this a little while back asking http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/shtf-s...86-what-if-rapture-comes-unexpected-form.html

They come with their ships equipped with "gateways to transport you bodily to a Utopia 6, a true paradise, perfect for humanity to live in harmony and take the next step in our evolution" aka incinerators to remove half or more of the people before the fight even begins. They could send a few well aimed rocks this way too to trigger a partial collapse and claim they are just the first few pebbles of the meteor swarm to come. They could have us twisted around their tentacles pretty toughly if they can sneak in some secretive advanced scouts to prepare us for contact, especially if they are leaders of the faith prepared to interpret the meteor strikes. Most people in the world are faithful. How would a believer interpret a major meteor strikes to every major religious site save the ones for the faith the aliens want to be dominant? then a few years after it calms down, it starts up again with ET to tell us "it is going to get bad here real quick. hop aboard, god sent us to bring you to the promised land." Think about just how easy that would be to set up for an intergalactic civilization.

My point? Aliens would be too smart to come in guns blazing. Stick to zombie prep. At least with them, you might have a chance.:p

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
If it's aliens (and not from Mexico), then we are fubar'ed.

The only reasons for aliens to cross the vast emptiness of interstellar space and to land here is for propagating religion or to colonize. All "resources" are available in huge easy to access quantities in the comets and asteroids. Even aliens can recognize that collecting asteroids is easier than fighting a war.

If they are coming to colonize -- they will probably just drop rocks on our cities from space to quell resistance. All the flash and bang of a major nuke without the radiation. But that's not a probable scenario, they would have heard our radio transmissions a light year or more away and it's easier to move along to the next star than to fight a war with a supply chain light years long.

The only other thing that has motivated reckless spending and wanton violence on earth has been spreading religion. Think of the aliens as Uber Radial Muslims crossed with Spanish Missionaries out to convert the galaxy to worship the Great and Powerful Oz (or whatever). We tell them thanks but no thanks we already have enough religions here and they drop asteroids 10 miles across into the ocean to punish us and "reset" the planet. Just like they have done every 30-80 million years for the past billion years.

Oh there is the scenario where the aliens are rabid xenophobes and just want to sterilize all life that is not them. In that case, there is no discussions, no negotiations, nothing except a huge flash and global death.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How many years ago was the last reset? I think I'm more worried about getting a social security check after being robbed for 50 years than I am getting colonized by alliens.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
How many years ago was the last reset? I think I'm more worried about getting a social security check after being robbed for 50 years than I am getting colonized by alliens.

It will have been 63,242,329 years, 5 months, 13 days, 3 hours and 22 minutes as of 1pm GMT today. (approximately)

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Don't worry, they are not due back until 2012...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ain't this something. Didn't do my math right. I guess I'll make a new years resolution or something. Didn't realize we were so close. I can't win for losing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts