Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys if your listening how bout a 10 mm longslide something around 6.5 inch 7 inch barrel. Tell me those wouldn't sell. You can't find any longslide blocks they are such hot items. Who else here thinks this would be awesome!!!!!! Nobody I know can afford custom 1911 longslides. Yeah id take the 5.25 but something about a big piece of iron in. 45 or 10 mm that is stretched maybe crowned barrel??? What y'all think?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Polymer AMT Harballer? Ehhh

I am waiting not so patiently for a XDm .45 compact or a single stack slim XDm

I was actuallly dissapointed when the 5.25 came out.....cool gun, just not what I was expecting or wanted......

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I don't think they would sell enough for Springfield to make any profit on it. Same thing on a single stack, why not get added capacity in a lightweight polymer. Same goes for a 10mm. Just not enough people, (and no departments), to make it economically feasible.

I waited for my XD 45 compact & am glad I did, its the perfect size. I am sure they will eventually come out with that configuration, but sooner rather than later would be better for me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would LOVE a 10mm longslide. It'd be a fun range toy and an awesome sidearm while in the woods

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I just need something with an actual 6" or longer barrel that fires ammo of 40cal / 10mm or greater diameter and that makes over 700ft/lb muzzle energy to meet the Maryland minimum handgun hunting regulations for deer.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
The only issue I see of a XDmHE (XDm Hunting Edition :) ) is the mag count. Lots of states have a 5 or 6 round mag limitation.

There is always the .460 roland conversion for the XD 45....maybe they will make it available for the XDm........(doesn't help with. The 6" barrel limit though)

·
Registered
29,876 Posts
I would LOVE a 10mm longslide. It'd be a fun range toy and an awesome sidearm while in the woods
I just need something with an actual 6" or longer barrel that fires ammo of 40cal / 10mm or greater diameter and that makes over 700ft/lb muzzle energy to meet the Maryland minimum handgun hunting regulations for deer.
Exactly why not have an xdm "hunter" edition. I know guys deer n boar hunt with those g20s and again you can't find one online to buy.
First off, because I gotta say it--a 10mm XD ain't ever gonna happen. They'd never sell enough to recoup the design/tooling costs.

If you want a polymer longslide 10mm, get a G20, and then get a longslide & 6" barrel from Lone Wolf.

I'm seriously considering making a G21L and using it for deer this fall (yes, .45acp is deer legal in MN).

And I know of a couple gun shops that have G20's sitting on the shelves. If one truly wants one, PM me and I'll give you the info.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Those wouldn't sell. ;) ..at least the marketing gurus don't seem to think so.
Yup.

Oddball firearms are fun but the masses won't buy them. Personally I'd love to see a .357 SIG XDm but that won't happen either. I know, I know you can buy a .40 and convert it but that's means at least $800 and I just don't want it that bad. Unfortunately rounds like the 10mm or even .357 magnum in a mass marketed semi auto are not going to happen anytime soon. Sure, you can find there here and there but not often.

Like others have said, OP, if you want a 10mm semi auto polymer firearm, get a Glock. SA won't be releasing one anytime soon unfortunately.

·
Registered
29,876 Posts
Yup.

Oddball firearms are fun but the masses won't buy them. Personally I'd love to see a .357 SIG XDm but that won't happen either. I know, I know you can buy a .40 and convert it but that's means at least $800 and I just don't want it that bad. Unfortunately rounds like the 10mm or even .357 magnum in a mass marketed semi auto are not going to happen anytime soon. Sure, you can find there here and there but not often.

Like others have said, OP, if you want a 10mm semi auto polymer firearm, get a Glock. SA won't be releasing one anytime soon unfortunately.
And that's exactly it; all it would take for SA to put out a XDm .357s is a different barrel; everything else would be the same as an XDm40...yet, they don't...not worth it, wouldn't sell enough.

When you look at a 10mm, that's a full-on redesign.

There's a reason no company has put out a newly-designed 10mm pistol for the past decade or so...and those reasons are why you aren't going to likely see one in the forseeable future.

·
Registered
839 Posts
And that's exactly it; all it would take for SA to put out a XDm .357s is a different barrel; everything else would be the same as an XDm40...yet, they don't...not worth it, wouldn't sell enough.

When you look at a 10mm, that's a full-on redesign.

There's a reason no company has put out a newly-designed 10mm pistol for the past decade or so...and those reasons are why you aren't going to likely see one in the forseeable future.
I don't know anyone with a 10mm Glock...I wonder how they handle the abuse.

I have a mediocre theory about those hard hitting rounds. It seems the 10mm and revolver rounds like the .357 and .44 Mag beat the holy snot out of a semi auto, they are REALLY hot rounds. Magnum Research had to produce an insanely huge/beefy firearm like the Desert Eagle to routinely handle the pressures made by the .50 AE, .44 Mag and .357 Mag. Even the stout Colt Delta Elite can only take a beating from the 10mm for so long before they start to have problems. I can't imagine that a polymer frame handgun wouldn't eventually beat itself to pieces with hotter rounds.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok ok ok forget the 10mm round. I want a looooong slide!! .45acp would be just fine. when I was a kid everyone thought the amt hardballer was sexy as hell but maybe not most reliable or accurate. Your telling me glock should never have made their longslide models? You ever hear those guys drool over their bad boys. Lone wolf also did cater to those dumb g20 buyers also making them a conversion slide. My point is I don't wanna buy a glock then buy a conversion. I own xdm for a reason. Am I the only one who wants a longer barrel? Think not. The 1911 guys with money speacial order them for a reason!

·
Registered
839 Posts
The 1911 guys with money speacial order them for a reason!
This sentence here hits the nail on the head..."special order"...few companies make a large batch long slide 1911. You have to order them one at a time.

Believe you me buddy...I'd love a 10mm XDm...and a .357 SIG too.

I think that the longer the XDm is around, the better the aftermarket will get. Hell, the 1911 has been around for..well...100 years. I wonder how long it took for the 1911 market to offer more variations like 9mm, 10mm, double stack, long slide, snubbie...ect...

I double SA will make custom order XDm's anytime soon but I bet as popularity picks up...so will the available conversion options.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dream XD (or XDm) really wouldn't be an XD I guess. The XD platform is HUGE for true concealed carry. I'd love to see a single stack series with a narrower slide and a decent trigger like a PRP or Springer stock from the factory.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts