Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

SigSauer P226 / 4.40" barrel 15 round mag / night-sights

I got to admit it looks very nice. I know he has been wanting one for some time but for some reason he kept putting it off. Well no more! He will have his Sig damnit! :D

You guys don't understand...I have tried to buy my dad gifts for years...and he never wants anything. It drives me nuts!

Well, when I told him he was going to get this pistol...he actually sounded excited! And that got me excited!

It should be good...my older brother and I will pick him up to go get her when she comes in to our FFL...and then we will all take our 9's and head to the range. My brother will have his CZ, I will have my XDm, and now dad will have his Sig. I expect to have the tightest groups (I hope lol...gotta rep my Springfield) and really look forward to the trip.

BTW ordered from Buds...they always seem to have great prices. Local prices were just killing me.

I'll try to get picks of the 3 nines side by side when I get the opportunity

·
Registered
480 Posts
Excellent choice... Im sure your dad would love it:)

I have shot the P226 numerous times in the past... Fit and finish is second to none on it's class

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
You can't beat Buds, best prices & best customer service, bar none!
Leaves cash to afford ammo for the day, maybe even lunch.

Awesome pistol, how could he not love it. CZ, XD, Sig...at least you guys buy quality firearms. None of you will ever have an issue in your lifetimes

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Out of all my Sigs, I shot my P226 the best.
But I realized I'd never carry it, hated the rail, and I sold it..:(

Hope you got him a non-railed one like the second pic of your post..:shock:
I'm sure he will love it either way..

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
That's awesome!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Seb, you are a good man. My hat is off to you!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of all my Sigs, I shot my P226 the best.
But I realized I'd never carry it, hated the rail, and I sold it..:(

Hope you got him a non-railed one like the second pic of your post..:shock:
I'm sure he will love it either way..
Actually I didn't notice in the second pic it was missing the rail...as I did get him the railed version. Can I ask why you didn't like the rail?

But yeah I think he is going to be a happy camper. :cool:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can't beat Buds, best prices & best customer service, bar none!
Leaves cash to afford ammo for the day, maybe even lunch.

Awesome pistol, how could he not love it. CZ, XD, Sig...at least you guys buy quality firearms. None of you will ever have an issue in your lifetimes
Yeah we will probably go out to breakfast and then take him to the range. (he won't be paying for anything, I just want to see grins) I have about 600 rounds or so of FMJ here so I will give him a few boxes to get him started. I want to pick him up some extra magazines as well pretty soon.

And yes, I really feel that we all did good with our pistol selection. I like them all and could see myself owning any of these quality pistols. I can't wait to help him break in the Sig too hehe. :cool:

·
Registered
345 Posts
You are an awesome son.

Buying from Bud's was also a smart move. When I bought my XDm I elected to pay a premium overwhat I could have gotten it for at Bud's simply because I wanted to help out a local shop. That was the first and last time that will probably happen. I know the local shops have to make their money but when they are asking $650-700 + tax for a gun that you can get off Bud's for $550 shipped, it makes it hard to continue buying from them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are an awesome son.

Buying from Bud's was also a smart move. When I bought my XDm I elected to pay a premium overwhat I could have gotten it for at Bud's simply because I wanted to help out a local shop. That was the first and last time that will probably happen. I know the local shops have to make their money but when they are asking $650-700 + tax for a gun that you can get off Bud's for $550 shipped, it makes it hard to continue buying from them.
Well thanks! :D

--Also--

You just explained my exact situation. I picked up my XDm locally...and I payed WAY too much for it. After their high tag price, taxes, additional fee for background check/paperwork, and some additional 15 dollar fee for making a phone call ( :confused: ) I payed 678 OTD for a pistol I KNOW I could have had for about 550 like you said. But I wanted to help out a local establishment and I did accomplish that. I also picked up my 15-22 locally...I over-payed for that as well. (From a different source, but still TOO much)

Same thing with ammo...I was looking for HD/SD ammo for my 9 and based on my research I wanted some Federal premium HST 147g +P...I couldn't find it locally and what I could find was inferior ammo at VERY inflated prices. The difference amazed me...$29.99 for 20 rounds of inferior ammo locally or $27.99 for 50 rounds of superior ammo online. I guess I would say trying to support local business has just made me feel like an idiot.

However, I have now officially, "helped" enough and will not even think of the locals as an option anymore. I know I must look like a complete sucker to some, but I really did want to help the local businesses instead of just going online and really saving some dough.

My brother bought both his 15-22 and his CZ from Buds...they have a great reputation, great prices, and have done good by my brother both times. It just seemed like a no-brainer to me.

-S

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it showed up yesterday. Too bad my father is out of town until the 5th of July. :(

O-well, she will be waiting for us when he gets back. Then off to the range for a friendly 9mm competition. :)

As I said I will get pics up as soon as we hit the range or maybe when I pick the pistol up with him.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought my son a 226 for his 21st birthday. I also got a better price than Bud's off of gunbroker. Northern Firearms has the cheapest prices on Sigs bar none.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought my son a 226 for his 21st birthday. I also got a better price than Bud's off of gunbroker. Northern Firearms has the cheapest prices on Sigs bar none.
Prices look very good from the little bit of searching I have done. I could have saved a bit of coin no doubt. How does your son like the 226?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Prices look very good from the little bit of searching I have done. I could have saved a bit of coin no doubt. How does your son like the 226?
He was expecting a CZ 75, but when I saw the Sig, I couldn't pass it up.
He was thrilled to say the least. I got the entry level model, but it feels great in your hand.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You are an awesome son.

Ditto. My first purchase from from the LGS but after I had learned more I looked around and bought elsewhere for the second. I needed all the advice the first time but (I think) I knew enough for the second... I almost bought from buds but then found a guy who did a price match, so I got it local and didn't have to wait. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts