Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the world of handguns. What are the best hosters for CCW. I like Pro Tech Outdoors but I don't want to go by picture alone. Something like Uncle Mike's. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks & God Bless

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
All I can say is that while the Comp-Tac C-TAC is a nice holster, it didn't work for me.

I personally carry the Tucker Answer, and while yes, it's pricey, it's worth every cent. Pretty much everyone here that owns one will agree with me on that.

I also really like the XD Gear paddle holster. Makes a good camping/range holster.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Blade-Tech, DeSantis, Don Hume and Uncle Mike's Kydex. Depends on your needs and budget. I use Blade-Tech for range gear, DeSantis and Don hume for CCW and Uncle Mike's because it was cheap and it was there when I needed one. I would have bought Galco but they do not have a holster for the purpose I wanted.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I purchased the Don Hume "topless" or open top Don Hume 721OT XD40-4 4" BLK RH along with a Don Hume belt...what a great fit and finish. As most leathers are snug at first my Don Hume broke in pretty quickly, I took it on an ATV ride.

Having used Milt Sparks IWB holsters for CCW, I was looking for a good OWB CCW holster as the IWB is not as comfortable as I would like. For a big dude, the OWB is the more comfy option, however I do have to wear a shirt or shirt-jac over the OWB, sweatshirts cover it as well. It holds high and tight, the belt is a big part of it as well. Best fit I have tried out. Hope that helps.

Here's a pic of one (gotta support the sponsors) I like the high rise with the sweat protector that completely keeps the slide or any part of the weapon away from direct contact, note the appearance of a thumbreak backing on it.

http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=30XDL

·
Registered
398 Posts
While I do not CCW my HS200/XD Service, I do CCW a XD9 Sub in a Milt Sparks Versamax II and pretty much don't even feel it. I also CCW a full size Colt Govt 1911 from time to time which is bigger and heavier. I use a Milt Sparks Executive Companion IWB. Super comfortable and makes the weapon disappear under a t-shirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts