Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just started shooting steel challenge, production division. Looking at the CZ 75. What are some other options I should take a look at?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
XDM 5.25
G34
M&P 5"
HK VP9

Any other "major" polymers I'm forgetting about?

·
Registered
165 Posts
CZ 75 is nice, especially if have some work done on it.

Tanfoglio Stock II is a great choice too, but it's extremely hard to find, and expensive.

If I wanted to keep things cheaper, and polymer, I'd run a Walther PPQ 5", I think it's got the best stock trigger on the market, and really only needs a set of Dawson sights on it. Sure, the other guns can be modified more, or "better", but out of the box, with minimal work done the PPQ is a great choice. That said, I'd really rather shoot steel than polymer, but that's just a personal choice.

(And that's not knocking the other polymers, plenty of reasons to choose 'em, I had a 34 and an XDM 5.25", and the one I kept was the PPQ, personally, I thought it was the best fit for me.)

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I don't consider sight change a minor issue. All factory guns have marginal triggers. So really, choose the gun that fits your hand best with the features you like. I love my new XDM 5.25 & all it needs is trigger work.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Pick a gun, learn the setups and practice draws and presentation to the target. If just starting Steel Challenge, pick a Glock or XDm.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you are still here on the forum and like CZ, check out the SAO model. I don't remember which one (maybe the CZ75SA), but the 9mm round works well for costs and you can hear the ding of the steel. I use a Ruger 22/45 in 22 caliber. But, the ammo is hard to find (still) and it's difficult to hear the ding of steel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts