Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not sure whose grip that is. Do you have an XD or an XDm? If ypu have an XDm, these are pretty nice. These are a rubber decal but they also come in a grip tape decal. These are X-Treme grips sold at PRP.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah thanks for the replies. yeah i am not 100% sold on the idea but i just feel like my XDm needs small amount of rubber.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is the Rubber version of the X-Treme Grips sold by PRP as said above.. Just put mine on today.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm using the Xtreme grips from PRP on my XDm. Using the small thumb pads, nothing on the back strap, and everything else. Works really well.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The X-treme grips are awesome. I had them on my XDm for almost a year without any peeling. I have since sold it and I'd imagine they are still intact. The key is prepping the surface and applying the grip sections carefully. There's a thread around here somewhere that has some tricks for good adhesion.

·
Registered
109 Posts
how do the rubber ones work with IWB. I notice on the PRP site they don't reccomend the regular grip tape sort for IWB.

Also how easy are they to remove? Does it leave a bunch of residue on the grip if you take it off? What about the Pachmyer or Hogue slip ons for the XD-9SC I know one of them you have to trim to get around the grip saftey but I can't remember which one.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Save yourself some cash and use an innertube. All you have to do is get an old bicycle innertube or a new one and cut a piece the length of the grip. Place it in a pan of very hot water for a few minutes to soften it up then slide it onto the grip and thats it. Simple and effective but not as fancy as the prp grips. Here is a pic of my G26 with an innertube grip that has been on the gun for 5 years. I'll also add a pic of my XD45 with grip tape that I cut from a roll myself. The reason you don't want to carry IWB with grip tape is that it will rub your skin raw if you wear it all day. It is however the best grips I have and I have them on several guns that I target shoot with.

G26

XD45

·
Registered
265 Posts
how do the rubber ones work with IWB. I notice on the PRP site they don't reccomend the regular grip tape sort for IWB.

Also how easy are they to remove? Does it leave a bunch of residue on the grip if you take it off? What about the Pachmyer or Hogue slip ons for the XD-9SC I know one of them you have to trim to get around the grip saftey but I can't remember which one.
I carried IWB with the rubber tape. I did notice that my shirt would hang up on the grip a bit more. They come off easily with some heat from a hair dryer or heat gun. There wasn't any noticable residue.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Skateboard grip tape works amazingly from what Ive been told. Being a former skateboarder I can attest for the "grit" being plenty grippy and the sticky is of the VERY sticky variety. Also it comes in a bunch of different colors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts