Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of a custom EMP i found that Quack had posted in Glocktalk. It is a custom EMP from Cylinder & Slide in Nebraska. He said he thinks its Cerakote on frame. My question is, what finish(es) can SA custom shop do that will make it look like this, frame and slide? One more detail that may or may not matter, i think this is a 9mm which has aluminum frame, and i have .40 which has steel frame. Please please XDtalk, help me get my gun to look like this. p.s. i have emailed C&S, awaiting their reply

·
Registered
778 Posts
C&S list the following finishes on the site:

Hard Chrome
Black T
NP3
Rogard

my guess in Black T over hard chrome

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still havent heard back from SA or C&S. Guess ill give them a call tomorrow, looks to me like ArmorKote over Hard Chrome will be as good as Im gonna get. Thanks guys. As always, if i get to do all this, pics will be posted.

·
Registered
778 Posts
SACS will do black T as well, costs more, but they have it listed as a finish

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can tell you now that C&S is good but you will wait...I have some custom work paid and it has been six months since the payment. I call periodically and they told at least Dec. before I ship my gun. There is a six month back log...
:sad:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can tell you now that C&S is good but you will wait...I have some custom work paid and it has been six months since the payment. I call periodically and they told at least Dec. before I ship my gun. There is a six month back log...
:sad:
wow, im not interested in waiting that long. im pretty sure SA turnaround is 2-6 weeks with most being closer to two, unless you ionbond.

more great pictures. I definitely owe it to quack to go shoot it after i get it done. any chance your near KY?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just talked to SA Custom Shop on the phone. Here is price list of what i want done.

Single Side Safety - $80
Front checkering - $150
Round Butt - $65
Crown Barrel - $35

not too bad...
two options to refinish

Refinish frame in black - $80
Refinish Hard Chrome under black - $385

Was told that Refinishing Slide black would only work with Ion Bond, others would fade/ not hold at all. So im looking at totals of $400 same colors, or $705 to have colors swapped. On top of this, round trip shipping is $45 for two day, or $60 for overnight both ways. Gonna sleep on it, but will probably go for $400 option, with the idea that if i keep this as my carry gun for a few years, I can always send it in later to get refinished. Thanks for you guys help, and Quack we can still try to meet up to go shooting.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW, i think that some of us Ohio folks (from 1911Addicts) are gonna meet up in KY in the spring for a shoot.
Im on other side of the state but i have family near lexington and could always use and excuse to go visit

·
Registered
261 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts