Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a Lee Pro 1000 Progressive Press Kit for the 9mm Luger.

I've already got a media vibrator.

What else do I need?

Hardwarz

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I'm not familiar with the kit you mentioned...I would assume it comes with dies and a powder measure/drop of some sort. If not....I suggest the Lee Auto-Powder measure.

You will need a scale (to check accuracy of weight dropped), i prefer digital scales.

Of course all the components (primers, brass, powder, bullets). Some plastic bins to keep brass seperate (clean from dirty).

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
A few books never hurt....some basic reloading manuals, powder charts, etc.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Not sure what comes with it but you should have these items along with the press:
Books, calipers, case gage and scales come to mind

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I should have mentioned.... I have books. I got those first before anything. I wasn't sure if anyone else had this kit and knew what hardware I needed.

Hardwarz

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I bought the kit a while back. I would get a powder scale to verify the powder charge dropped by the auto measure.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I bought the kit a while back. I would get a powder scale to verify the powder charge dropped by the auto measure.
YOU MUST have a good scale to verify the volumn charge of the measure. This is really critical w/ fast burning powders like Clays, TG, BE, etc (which I DO NOT recommend tro new reloaders). The Dillon beam scale is a great scale for the money. DO NOT buy the cheap Lee scale, it's crap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts