Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
It removes that extra junk that allows you to field strip the gun without pulling the trigger.

I have Springers full trigger kit in my XD-M 9mm.
Just have to pull the trigger to remove the slide- same as a normal XD.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah. so just make sure nothings in the chamber now...lol. ok think im gonna order this and a tungsten guide rod...any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
You should make sure there is nothing in the chamber now buddy lol. Always check before you do anything with the gun, check twice!

·
Registered
908 Posts
ah. so just make sure nothings in the chamber now...lol. ok think im gonna order this and a tungsten guide rod...any other suggestions?
Sights!
I went with Dawson sights on my M and an extended mag release.
You might just consider shipping the gun to Springer and have him install the trigger and sights for you.

I went with a stainless guide rod too. Polished it, the barrel & feedramp too, as usual.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You should make sure there is nothing in the chamber now buddy lol. Always check before you do anything with the gun, check twice!
I just picked up a new pistol that was shipped in to my FFL.
The counter guy opened the box and took it out for the very first time, and promptly pulled the trigger to see if it worked.
No chamber check at all.

Before I could say anything, it clicked while pointed at a woman at the end of the counter about 10 feet away.
I understand the improbability of it being loaded, but like all pistols, it came with the spent case meaning that it was fired one time and maybe, just maybe another moron left a round in the chamber because he was daydreaming about his girlfriend when his wife called on the phone.

I understand that all sorts of morons have to have a job doing something, but my God, not behind a gun counter.

·
Registered
908 Posts
The counter guy opened the box and took it out for the very first time, and promptly pulled the trigger to see if it worked.
No chamber check at all.

Before I could say anything, it clicked while pointed at a woman at the end of the counter about 10 feet away.
I understand the improbability of it being loaded, but like all pistols, it came with the spent case meaning that it was fired one time and maybe, just maybe another moron left a round in the chamber because he was daydreaming about his girlfriend when his wife called on the phone.

I understand that all sorts of morons have to have a job doing something, but my God, not behind a gun counter.
Amazing how often that stuff happens- from people that SHOULD know better.:shock:

·
Registered
383 Posts
No chamber check at all.

Did you call him on it to make sure he doesn't do it again? I can't believe somebody would do that. Most of the guys at my gun shop are really good about checking. Once it becomes habit, it's as natural as pulling the trigger in the first place

1 - 10 of 10 Posts