Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I asked this question last night in a thread that got lost in the all the trouble so I thought I'd ask agian. Before I contact SA and get the process started I thought I'd ask everyone here.
I'm not really having rust issues with my bi-tone. Only a couple of specs of rust on the top of the slide. The pics I've seen from people here that have had the Armory Kote process done all have had black finish. I have bi-tone with a silver silver slide and would like to keep that color if possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
182 Posts
use a little flitz and it should take it right out. a little rust every once in a while is not unusual. if you are paranoid, send it to have it NP3 coated or hard chromed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much is the NP3 coating. I've tried visiting the Robar website and the pricing page is not working (hmmm.. maybe they do not want me to be sticker shocked?)

·
Registered
182 Posts
The pricing page works for me. there is a link on the left side to a PDF that has the pricing. What i am having done is the "Norton Special" which will coat every part that is metal in the entire gun except the mag. It is $150 plus shipping. but you can get like just the barrel or just the internals or a combination of things. if you have an all metal gun, then you can have them do the entire gun for $250 + shipping. and there is a life time warranty on the NP3 coating. not sure on the Roguard coating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts