Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering joining. What's everyone's take on the organization?
Is a true cause, or just another group trying to give out free stuff

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
:eek:

Do you really have to ask that question?

·
Registered
87 Posts
they hound you for $ all the time but anyone that fights for 2nd amendment is ok in my book. i like my cap and my magazine(american rifleman)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Back when I was younger, I wasn't all that enthralled w/ them. But then I was a bit more liberal in my thinking regarding firearms. As I have aged and read/watched the news and current events more, I find my personal rights and liberties have become more important to me. They have been fighting for that for longer than I've been alive and have helped to preserve one of my favorite pastimes. No, they aren't perfect, but in the words of a wiser old man that I know, "Son, they ain't never gonna be perfect, but they're the best thing goin"

That said, I am a Lifetime NRA member and a member of PRO. yah, they bug me for money frequently but the Repulican party is worse about that. Libertarian party is the worst of the three though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
they are just like any association but a larger one. you will not appreciate them until your 2nd ammendment rights are in jeopardy, then you will know how important it is to be a member :wink: :wink: remember the last presidential elections :?: :?: nra made a lot of difference :!: :!: :!:

BTW, lifetime member here and proud of it
:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I renewed my membership (And I can't really afford to....) because of all of the good stuff that's happened for us lately...

I feel that their membership is a huge swing in elections. Candidates pretty much have to listen to the NRA at least a LITTLE bit...

Money well spent... except for all of the mailings, which they can apparently cut down on if you tell them you're a cheap, broke, bastard.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I belong to the NRA (life member) because they are the most prominent and effective defender of 2d Amendment rights on the national front. They aren't perfect, but they are the best group for the purpose.

Also, I am a member of my state association (Virginia Shooting Sports Association, life member), because they are the most prominent and effective defender of 2d Amendment rights at my state level. Consider your state association as well!

·
Registered
112 Posts
well worth the money...
I tell you what....
go buy a taurus i think you get a 1 year nra membership for free with the purchase of the gun.

then you have the gun, and can get started reading the mag of your choice. nice deal.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I support all they do. That being said, they annoy the hell out of me asking for money all the time and they keep asking you to renew a couple of months after you just did! Just ignore the mailings and enjoy the magazine and your 2nd ammendment rights!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lifetime member and damn proud of it! I am interested in their insurance program for private gun collections, does anyone here use this? Any info?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Life long member here as well. Fighting the gun control lobbyists costs $$ and I'm happy to support anyone who fights for my rights as an American Citizen.....even if they're not perfect - who is:?:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Colorado XD said:
$35 a year is a small price to pay for someone to keep tabs on that bitch Diane Feinstein from California.
Agreed. I hate that woman and I don't practice hatred - So that's saying something. She's so misinformed, vindictive, AND conniving when it comes to guns and their owners. Just my couple pennies. <stepping down from my rant box>

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Lifetime member now and have been a member since the early 80s. No one is stronger than the NRA to fight for our 2nd Amendment rights. I get the American Rifleman magazine, it's pretty good, but often boring. I once told them not to send me any more magazines, but they said they had to. I don't get any free stickers, patches or prizes like I used to long ago.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i didn't mean to start a flame war with the post....just curious
I to have been very aware of 2nd amendment rights being erroded, as well as many others....i just feel like that i need to be doing more than just worrying about things like that
Been worried about "big brother" ever since my father preached about it when I was a teen

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have been a Life Member for so long that I'll bet they are regretting it (35+ years.) When my first wife passed away SHE requested donations in her name to the NRA, and I didn't find out until much later that those donations would have counted to make me a Benefactor Member, but oh well....

The NRA, just like any other organization, has its good and bad points, and the only way to change them is to be an ACTIVE member.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i didn't mean to start a flame war with the post....just curious
You didnt.
Diane Feinstein is a peice of work.
Here are some of her quotes:
"Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe."
--U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein Associated Press 11/18/93

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an out right ban,
picking up every one of them... "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in,
"I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
--U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), CBS-TV's "60 Minutes," 2/5/95

1 - 20 of 51 Posts