Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious what the pros have done to their services and tacticals that make them so much better than a stock XD? Have they ever published this kind of info? Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just a tad more from TGO. Look at his site for good info. Enos forum as well.

"Rob, I'm shooting an XD-9 Tactical in the Production division. My question is, what spring weight would you recommend? If you had to use off-the-shelf ammo what would you use and what made you choose that brand?

I went with a 22 lb. spring, but am wondering if I should have gone down instead of up. I'm shooting a 115 gr. bullet, but wonder if I should be using a 147 gr. I'm hoping you can shorten my experimentation cycle a little.
Rob's Answer:

I am currently using a spring guide from Bar-Sto with 16-18 lb. springs, but I'm not done testing. I think the best off-the-shelf ammo is what I just started using; Winchester white box 115 grain Winclean. That and the good old 115 FMJ are hard to beat. The Winclean shoots more accurately but the difference would be negligible for most applications. The 147s I have tested all kicked more than the two mentioned 115 grain loads. Best of luck. Rob "

·
Registered
242 Posts
Rob is sponsored by Winchester.
Rich

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I understand these guys have 0.10 second split times when they shoot. If they had a big enough magazine they could shoot 600 aimed shots/minute. I feel pretty good with a 0.25 second split with the standard factory trigger myself, no need to push myself to god like limits. I doubt I would feel comfortable with a gun like Rob has. The trigger must be so light I would be afraid to breathe on it. :)

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
manygunner said:
I understand these guys have 0.10 second split times when they shoot. If they had a big enough magazine they could shoot 600 aimed shots/minute. I feel pretty good with a 0.25 second split with the standard factory trigger myself, no need to push myself to god like limits. I doubt I would feel comfortable with a gun like Rob has. The trigger must be so light I would be afraid to breathe on it. :)
One of the guys i shoot with has spilts of .03...and no, im not kidding or exagerating...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts