Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to say hi! Been lurking here for awhile, finally picked up a XD9 with trijicon night sights, but it was the floor model. They didn't have any stock left! And since I'm from California, I have another few days to go. The guy showed me the case and opened it up really quickly. Just so I don't have any missing pieces when I go pick it up, can someone tell me everything that's included?

I know it comes with:
- XD9 pistol (obviously)
- two magazines
- gun holster, speed loader, and magazine holder
- barrel brush
- a red flag to mark that the gun is not loaded
- cable lock w/ keys
- paper work
- original casing from fired cartridge
- and...?

I can't figure out what this is? Looks like an allen wrench (note: picture is not mine - this is from another member that posted it in the photo forum)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yup allen wrench to adjust the retention set screws on your holster and mag pouch. It looks like you got all the goodies that come with the XD!!! Congrats on the purchase!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yup allen wrench to adjust the retention set screws on your holster and mag pouch. It looks like you got all the goodies that come with the XD!!! Congrats on the purchase!!!
Wow, quick reply, thanks! I'll make sure I get that too when I pick it up. I actually was hesitant to pick up the floor model. I got it for $645 OTD, I would like to think I got a deal, but it's CA and there aren't many gun shops around here, and only 10 round magazines :( Well, at least I picked it up before Obama takes office! This will actually be my second pistol. I picked up a 92FS a month ago. I'm addicted, I can't stop my addiction! (only the law in california can... I can only purchase 1 pistol every 30 days. And there's a 10 day waiting period. How lame)

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just picked mine up Xd9 w/trijicons and 3 mags for 597 OTD , It's the LEO package, and by the way welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Welcome to the site from NC!

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
246 Posts
There is also some paper work that comes with it:
- A card in Spanish and English that warns you not to shoot yer eye out!
- Warranty Card and a short letter from the co-chairman of the board
- Instruction manual for the XD and the accessories.
- Card for joining the NRA

Since you're in CA, there is probably a warning that the gun contains chemicals that everyone in CA knows will cause cancer.

Also, I'm not sure if I got the short end of the barrel brush, but mine seems big enough to clean a .50 caliber barrel. I haven't dared to run it through the barrel, but it's pretty well suited for cleaning the magazine well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is also some paper work that comes with it:
- A card in Spanish and English that warns you not to shoot yer eye out!
- Warranty Card and a short letter from the co-chairman of the board
- Instruction manual for the XD and the accessories.
- Card for joining the NRA

Since you're in CA, there is probably a warning that the gun contains chemicals that everyone in CA knows will cause cancer.

Also, I'm not sure if I got the short end of the barrel brush, but mine seems big enough to clean a .50 caliber barrel. I haven't dared to run it through the barrel, but it's pretty well suited for cleaning the magazine well.
Thanks for the input! All this is much appreciated. Can't wait to pick it up and put some ammo through it.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Once you've picked it up, head over to the Springfield website and print off the Gear Up promotion form. Mail it in with a copy of your receipt and they'll send you two more magazines and another magazine holder

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts