Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy 6 DPMS lower receivers, for 175.00 each. I see them going on GB for around 200.00 or so. Do you think that they are (1) A good lower? (2) worth more than 200.00? I know that there was no Ar going for under 900.00 today at the show. They had the basic DPMS with no sights or carry handle for 900.00 M&P's were from 1399.00 to 1700.00. Bushy's were going for around 1900 or so. Could not find a colt for less that 1999.00 What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stripped

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah that's a little much. I'm an AR noob so I'm an expert by no means but, I picked up my DPMS stripped lower here locally for $127.00 OTD. Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ment 150.00 this is the first lower I have seen in stock in 5 weeks.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I don't think I'd buy that many but it's up to you. I'd only buy that many if you really plan on using them all. I bought 4 CMMGs at $150 but I'm planning on using them all.

·
Registered
902 Posts
No. I paid $159.00 OTD for a single stripped non-caliber stamped lower this week for a safe queen spare.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you actually plan on using them for builds... it's decent in today's market. If you are buying these to take advantage of other panic buyers I think it is a mistake. First, I think it is wrong to take advantage of the situation like that. Second, I think this panic will die down soon and prices will return to normal. In that case, you just bought high and will end up selling low. Last time I checked, that was bad business.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I have a chance to buy 6 DPMS lower receivers, for 175.00 each. I see them going on GB for around 200.00 or so. Do you think that they are (1) A good lower? (2) worth more than 200.00? I know that there was no Ar going for under 900.00 today at the show. They had the basic DPMS with no sights or carry handle for 900.00 M&P's were from 1399.00 to 1700.00. Bushy's were going for around 1900 or so. Could not find a colt for less that 1999.00 What are your thoughts?
I agree with Frogger42. If you're buying them to use fine. If you're buying them with the intent to resale, probably not fine without being an FFL.

My thoughts are it sounds like you're buying 6 recievers in hopes of selling them making money later to me.

Buying multiple recievers (especially 6 of them) WILL get you put on a watchlist.

But what do I know. Go ahead and buy them.
Firearms Trafficking Analysis. The ATF's Crime Gun Analysis Branch (CGAB), co-located with the NTC in West Virginia, analyzes data from crime gun traces, multiple sales, and firearms thefts, and provides firearms trafficking analysis to Inspectors, Special Agents, and LEAs. The CGAB uses crime gun data maintained by the NTC to focus on specific U.S. geographic areas in which firearms trace patterns indicate firearms trafficking.37 For example, CGAB analyzes tracing data to determine the geographic areas where crime guns were recovered, a process known as geo-mapping. This information is shared with LEAs, to enable them to better focus their law enforcement activities.

Excerpt from:
Evaluation and Inspection Report

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I think $175.00 for a DPMS stripped lower is rather high right now. I know different parts of the country will vary in prices.

I was at a gun show in Medina, Ohio yesterday and they had a dealer selling DPMS and STAG lowers for $135.00. DOUBLE-STAR and CMMG lowers were $120.00. A SUN DEVIL billet lower was $155.00.

If you are thinking about selling them for a profit, who knows? After Obama is sworn in most prices will definitely go up even more. But right now I think if you look around you can still find them cheaper.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What do I think? I think you folks in the contiguous 48 need to stop whining about stuff being expensive :razz:

The lowers I've bought ran about even with list price or about $20 more. Not bad considering the factor of shipping and the transfer being included.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got to the gun show, found Pmags for 20.00 bought a few even though I bought five online for 14.95. However Impact is still backordered. I asked him if he had any lowers. HE said he had 7 DPMS stripped for 110.00. I said let me look around first table I went too. No one else that I could find had lowers. The small show I went to last weekend had none. When I went back an hour later he had figured out that no one else has any. So they went from 110.00 to 150.00, I thought I might keep one or two and throw the others in the paper for 175.00 or so. There are no AR's in Pinellas County just sold out. However I figured I would just spend the money on ammo. Was thinking about going back today but didn't. I wasn't trying to kill anyone on the price. However if I bought it at 150.00 and in two months you can't get one for under 250.00 then mine would look great at 200.00.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts