Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is what I did, do you think It's tasteful, gaudy? The other side has U.S.A. in red, white, and blue, but I wasn't sure if It's okay to show my serial.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
It looks sweet!! I like it! Sure puts a personal touch on your pistol. But not sure if i'd do it to mine. Each to his very own. If you like it, that's all that counts.....it's art.

Would like to see another pic of the USA in red, white and blue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There you go, I haven't gone over it with a toothpick yet tho, just wanted the pics up. I don't know what solvent is gonna do to it yet. But, as far as my color choice, I'm planning on installing some night sights, and that new Veridian light/laser. So, I thought green was appropriate.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Looks good to me.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I'd like to see an instructinal video of how this done.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
looks nice!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll see what I can do, it will probably be an installment on YouTube. My group has an account that we make videos on. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I know to each his own, but to me this is just childish "as I run for cover"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know to each his own, but to me this is just childish "as I run for cover"
I get ya, but its not a duty weapon, and its just crayon. A bit of solvent and a brush, and its back to stock. I wanted to try it as a project for meets when I want everyone to know beyond reasonable doubt, that is mine. Thanks for the input tho, I was wondering when I would get something other than positive feedback. :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
It's really simple. Take a crayon, and go back and forth over the engraving. Use oil to wipe away the excess crayon and you're done. If there are any spots you missed, just repeat the process.

I did mine, but in all white.

I get ya, but its not a duty weapon, and its just crayon. A bit of solvent and a brush, and its back to stock. I wanted to try it as a project for meets when I want everyone to know beyond reasonable doubt, that is mine. Thanks for the input tho, I was wondering when I would get something other than positive feedback. :D
I don't like the colors, but you have a good reason for doing it (as described above^^) As others have said "to each their own" so if it's something you like, don't change it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like it.

Looks like you may have used "sea green" Crayola? This is a smart non-permanent way to set your xd apart from the others at matches!

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Your pistol looks very similar to mine. However I used gold Testor's paint where you used the yellow/green; and I also have the U.S.A. in red, white, & blue. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm going to redo it today and take my time, any color suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There we are, I think I did a much cleaner job this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like it. Looks like you may have used "sea green" Crayola?
According to crayola, its "inchworm" lol. Honestly, I just picked the closest thing to night sights highlighter green. It's definitely something to set me apart from all the other XD's at meets. Also, I just like to modify things.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts