Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Looks cool, but a little expensive for me. That cube is $50! I take jugs and plastic bottles filled with water. They're reactive and I drink enough to have enough. It's a little cheaper.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks cool, but a little expensive for me. That cube is $50! I take jugs and plastic bottles filled with water. They're reactive and I drink enough to have enough. It's a little cheaper.
Yeah I know..but my local range prohibits bringing stuff to shoot at..only allows paper targets AND 'real' reactive targets..

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
Here's one site that's offering them.
Shooting Range Targets, Reactive Targets - Just Shoot Me Products

and another.
Newbold Targets -- Safer Reactive Target Shooting Without Bullet Splatter

We have one of the justshootme sniper cubes that we hang at 100 yards. They're great. They absorb 1000s of hits with just little holes to show afterwards. Just don't use Hollowpoints and flatpoint bullets will create bigger holes and cause them to deteriorate faster.

The Newbold ones are good too and pretty economical. The hangtuff ones are great b/c you can just screw them to the top support of a target backer and they automatically reset. A center hit will make it go straight back and a hit on the edges will cause it to twist, so it provides a good amount of feedback.

Overall, it's the next best thing to steel and a hell of a lot cheaper.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Here's one site that's offering them.
Shooting Range Targets, Reactive Targets - Just Shoot Me Products

and another.
Newbold Targets -- Safer Reactive Target Shooting Without Bullet Splatter

We have one of the justshootme sniper cubes that we hang at 100 yards. They're great. They absorb 1000s of hits with just little holes to show afterwards. Just don't use Hollowpoints and flatpoint bullets will create bigger holes and cause them to deteriorate faster.

The Newbold ones are good too and pretty economical. The hangtuff ones are great b/c you can just screw them to the top support of a target backer and they automatically reset. A center hit will make it go straight back and a hit on the edges will cause it to twist, so it provides a good amount of feedback.

Overall, it's the next best thing to steel and a hell of a lot cheaper.
Bookmarked for X-Mas ;)

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
You use those for rifle shooting or? Seems pretty small for a pistol target.
Only if it is .22. We used some 30-30 and others and it didn't last long. I use one for .22 only, it works OK, but like said before, don't hit the frame.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts