Springfield XD Forum banner

What do you think of the 45 ACP as a pistol cartridge?

• 45ACP, perfection incarnate!

• 45ACP, is old and eclipse by one of many more modern cartridges.

• 45ACP, just another pistol cartridge.

• 45ACP, [email protected] 45ACP snobs drive me nuts!

• 45ACP, what do I need that for I have a 45GAP.

• 45ACP, if God carried it would be a 45ACP.

• 45ACP, if God carried it would be anything but 45ACP.

• 45ACP, what's that?

• 45ACP, Dang you should have brought a shotgun!

• 45ACP, Dang you should have brought a Rifle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yah, with the anouncement fo the new XD-45ACP and all the hype about it and the 45ACP I thought I would make a completely pointless poll.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I doubt I will be jumping on the XD-45ACP bandwagon.

I am happy living in my 9mm world. 8)

·
Registered
823 Posts
If the XD had been available in .45ACP when I bought my 9, I wouldn't have bought my 9.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Why even fool with the GAP?

They produced the GAP and people jumped on it figuring they will never make the ACP.

Well now it looks like the ACP is a reality....here goes all the GAPs into the 2nd hand market. :x

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Just another pistol cartridge. (period)

Ed

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The GAP is fine for people with smaller hands and who have trouble with the larger grip required by the .45 ACP. Personally, I'll stick with the ACP. But, I don't intend to buy a 45 ACP XD (I have plenty of ACP guns that suit me just fine), although I will buy one in 10mm if they produce one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm a fan of buying guns for which ammo would be easier to find should the world ever come to an end :wink: . Therefore, I own a 12ga, 2 9mm, and when this thing comes out I'll own a 45. Now, any advice on a rifle? :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
gsfmiker said:
I'm a fan of buying guns for which ammo would be easier to find should the world ever come to an end :wink: . Therefore, I own a 12ga, 2 9mm, and when this thing comes out I'll own a 45. Now, any advice on a rifle? :D
You only need 1 rifle, the evil black rifle,then you can buy a 22 conversion kit for it to practice and take small game with { 22 ammo is alot cheaper than 223 } The AR15 is like the XD, or 1911,once you buy and shoot one you will be hooked and you will buy more :D

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
gsfmiker said:
You might consider the Ruger carbines in 9mm or if you can tinker with one to keep together, the Hi-Point 995

like mine:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
gsfmiker said:
Well, I have a 12 gauge, a 10mm and a .308 as bug-out firearms (more likely stay-in-place firearms, but you get the idea). With those, I can get anything else I need, including more guns or ammo. We are talking TEOTWAWKI, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts