Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete CMMG and Stag carbine kits and complete OLL carbines - Calguns.net

Stag 2H kits are going to be $510 shipped (with the MI BUIS this kit is $590. Add a stag lower for $100.

$635 for a complete assembled Stag carbine with maglock, sling, and magazine, shipped to your FFL

I think I want a flat top so I can mount optics etc...

How is the quality of Stag uppers and lowers?

Thanks,
Barbarossa

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CMMG worth the extra cost?

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
I like my Stag 2H upper.. Though for my own preferences, I am contemplating swapping the barrel out for a 1/7 HBAR 16" barrel.

The Stags that I have (16" flattop and 20" flattop) have been flawless though.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
No problems at all with my Stag either! I built mine from a kit as well, along with a Stag lower. My price was $633 (not including the FFL fee for the lower though) so I'd say you're getting a good deal. IMHO, buy with confidence. ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
the CMMG rate is basically like buying from fire for effect.

Parts Kits - FFE&

other than that the Stag set-up is a pretty good deal for stock Stag 2H.

basically you are getting the stock and buffer assembly on the cheap. most sights will have the upper assembly only for 488-510$

not a bad deal either way you go.

not bad at all, I also noticed that you get a free Pmag and Sling. nice.

if you like/want a stock AR-15 then this deal looks pretty dang good.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
this is my stag 2HT quality its excellent and its more accurate than i am

the only difference between the 2H and the 2HT is the T model comes with Samson FF rails and Arms 40L BUIS. they both have chrome lined barrels with 1/9 twist can't say much for the rest of them out there but i have two stags and they both can shoot 69Gr with out problems and i have no desire to shoot heavier than that.

so far my Stags have been just as if not more reliable than my LMT but then again its has a 10.5 upper on it and is a dream to shoot just a little on the LOUD side.

for the money you can't go wrong with the STAG their customer service is excellent i called to ask a question about my complete build and they sent me a some patches, stickers and a complete LP repair kit.

then there is my New M&P sorry about the clutter in the PIC i need to clean up the office a bit i also have a Colt but i haven't gotten around to taking pics of it yet.

i guess I need to drag them all out and take some family pics
and lets not forget the two newest members of the Family they are small but they have great potential to be a big dog some day soon.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Based on "The Graph" is a CMMG upper worth the extra $100?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Are you trying to start an argument. ;)

unless you are a high speed operator or range commando most of the stuff on the chart is pointless.

even the Top Tier Rifles with all the extra Testing will eventually break and need to be repaired.

the harder the rifle is ran the more wear and tear it will encounter.

1000 rounds during a single session will cause more wear than 1000 rounds over 5 sessions.

to answer the question is do FEEL like its worth the extra $100 compare the CMMG upper with LMT NOVESKI, COLT uppers and see what the differences are.

I like stag uppers and comparing with this chart they do not rank very high but after thousands of rounds ive had zero problems. where as with my 10.5 LMT was blowing out primers.

seriously if you can afford a high end upper and not break the bank get one if your on a limited budget get the best that you can afford.
Based on "The Graph" is a CMMG upper worth the extra $100?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts