Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the service .40 but after reading how many feeding problems people are having with them I am starting to second guess. How many people out there do not have problems with their XD40's I only hear from those who do. Should I still get the 40 or go with a 9 due to all the problems people are having. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Punisher said:
I want to get the service .40 but after reading how many feeding problems people are having with them I am starting to second guess. How many people out there do not have problems with their XD40's I only hear from those who do. Should I still get the 40 or go with a 9 due to all the problems people are having. What do you guys think?
I have over 5,000 rounds through my .40XD and have never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Not every 40 has problems...in fact considering the amount sold its vary few, the new followers in the full capacity mags have all but fixed the problems.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Only problems I've had were a few rounds from my friend's first batch of reloads. I've since shot some of his newer reloads and have not had a problem.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I am an old school 1911 guy and also a wheel gun dude...I have many pistols and can say with confidence that my XD40 Service performs without failure and is the most reliable auto I have ever used. Unfortunately they came out with the 45GAP the month after I purchased my 40, so now I need another...why not collect the whole set?

It's definitely a keeper, flawless.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I picked up my XD 40 before the first gun of the year thing. I prob have 2-3,000 rounds, maybe more. I found mine does not like every brand of HP. Mine likes Golden Sabers and Hydra-Shocks but I get a hang up on Gold Dots every once in a while.. so I just don't just Gold Dots.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Punisher said:
Should I still get the 40 or go with a 9 due to all the problems people are having. What do you guys think?
I just sent my XD40 back to SA for work. Mine is one of the problem pistols with lots of failure to feed. When I purchased the 40, I had read messages with problems and still decided to purchase. I still recommend the pistol - because I have not yet heard from a single person who was completely unable to resolve the problems eventually.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The reason it sounds like all of the XD40s are having issues is that when people do have problems they let us know about it. There are plenty of guys like me that have never had one issue with their XD40. I have around 3K rounds through mine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 40 and 357.
i have not had even one feed problem, and the pistols group very well.
i would highly reccommend that you get the 40 that way you can get extra barrel in 357 or 9mm to drop in them.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
2500 flawless rounds on my XD40 Service. Make sure the mags are well broken in, and you'll have no issues.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had feed problems with my XD40 with some PMC ammo that I bought really cheap, but that is the only problem I have ever had with it. I have about 2000 rounds of Speer Lawman through it without 1 single problem. I have noticed that mine tends to like "flat nose" rounds better than "rounded" like that PMC crap I bought.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts