Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd...I know. But a good one none the less. I conceal carry as an off duty leo. Genrally it isnt hard to control the weapon while doing #1. But #2 is tricky. I will put my weapon in my pants...so if I forget it when I pull em up I know its there. Lol. But its also right there just in case. And it doesn't bother me when im trying to pull my pants up with it holstered. But...when it is time to pull my pants up, I've gotta set the gun on the counter or some other surface. So my question is, what do you guys do? I don't forget it, but is the way I do it the "right" way in terms of the general consensus?

·
Premium Member
127,718 Posts
I have my valet hold it...the gun, that is. ;)

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
At home while doin the doo, pistol goes onto sink counter.

I don't do the doo in public.
you must be less than forty, so you still have the ability to wait a while after the urge starts

for op question - I relatch my belt, then loop it over knees - keeps weight of gun and holster from dragging pants down to disgusting floors in public rooms

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What did happen to the officer in ohio? I could see a number of things going bad there. For now ill continue to just put it in my undies...I can spread my feet a little to keep my pants off the floor.

And slugger you must REALLY trust your valet.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
What happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Anyway, I tend to wear Dockers,and carry sub compacts. Dockers have deep pockets and a wide enough opening to comfortably pocket carry. And If I'm IWB carry then I place my pistol into my empty pocket before I sit and get comfortable.

Or as you do I'm sure many cradle thier CCW in thier pants as they sit. A bit more complicated if you hoover squat. If you find yourself in this position you might as well take the oprtunity to do some point practice.:cool:

Lady's who CCW have to manage this daily...

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Close...35....if its a dire dire one fart away from smp, then yeah ill do it. But as a general rule, no poo in public crappers.

·
Registered
9,821 Posts
Has it already been 30 days since this topic was last brought up?

Has anything changed?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not intending to kick a dead horse here, I guess I should've searched it. But, that said I am new to the forum. So if it had been 30 days I wasn't here the last time it came around. Apologies.

I carry a 4 inch service 9mm. So it's definately heavy enough to drag the pants down a little when they're coming up. I'd sure hate to leave my weapon behind like that detective did...I'd go crazy.

Thanks all for the valuable information you've given to this topic.

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is actually some good information! Thanks to the OP for bringing it up!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I use a Crossbreed Supertuck and the gun retains well even when I drop my pants. No need to remove it. I place the waistband of my boxers over the gun when seated. Works very well........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts