Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to gather an idea of what most CCW permit holders do with your carry gun after returning from being out and about.

Do you continue to carry the gun on your belt about the house, or return it to the safe/nightstand?

I myself haven't been carrying enough to have a routine. Typically I return my gun to my nightstand where it's easily accessible should I require it in my home.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Depends on which pistol I am carrying that day. I usually carry either a lcp or a xdm depending on how i have to dress for work that day.(I work in sales some days, and a technician others) If I have been carrying the xdm all day, it usually goes in the safe when I get home. The lcp rarely leaves my pocket even at home.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It depends. But ussually it either goes on the endtable beside my chair, the coffee table or it goes to the top of the nightstand. I will not leave it out on the table unless my wife and I are alone or one of my really close gun-owning buddies are around.

In the next year or so the wife and are going to start trying for kids, so I'm going to have to get a gunvault for the nightstand. Wouldn't do me any good in the big safe in the closet!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now I'm figuring that there's no need to have it on the belt as I would hope that I would have enough time to run to the nightstand should someone try to forcibly enter my home, considering my doors are locked at all times.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Kitchen table, kitchen counter, dresser top, where ever I happen to unload everything else.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Stays on me until I undress for the night. It would be a little hard to hang a holster on my underwear, so it goes into the nightstand.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Odds that you will be attacked in the home are about the same as being attacked on the street. (unless you frequent nasty areas!) Home invasions are on the rise.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Odds that you will be attacked in the home are about the same as being attacked on the street. (unless you frequent nasty areas!) Home invasions are on the rise.
I would say there is some truth to this. A couple weeks ago I was laying on the floor playing cards with the boy. Pistol was on table next to couch. Our door was open, and security door locked. A buddy of mine came over, banged on the door real hard and scared the crap out of me. There is no way I would have had time to grab the gun if it was a bad guy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would say there is some truth to this. A couple weeks ago I was laying on the floor playing cards with the boy. Pistol was on table next to couch. Our door was open, and security door locked. A buddy of mine came over, banged on the door real hard and scared the crap out of me. There is no way I would have had time to grab the gun if it was a bad guy.
Your buddy knocking would be equivalent to someone making a ruckus trying to break your door down, giving you time, wouldn't it? As you said the door was locked.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Mine stays in it's holster until bed time when it goes on the dresser.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.