Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back I was in a Sportsman's Wharehouse and was at the gun counter when a guy was dropping off a gun. He was standing right next to me and mentioned that he was from a gun club/range he owned over in Idaho. (I live close to the WA/ID line.) With a brief chat he gave me his card and said I should come out some time. Another guy who got his card, and beat me to it, asked if he could bring in his own ammo. (Keep in mind this is the OWNER.) He said you could bring your own ammo, but it had to be commercially loaded, no reloads. Seemed reasonable. Went to the club and some guy behind the counter told me I MUST buy the club ammo to shoot on the range. And there ammo was FACTORY RELOADED AMMO, at least this is what I was told. The price was a buck more than that of Wally World, WWB. Someone doesn't have there story straight.

Should I presue this with the owner, it's a really nice facility, with very reasonable membership cost, lots of available classes, IDPA shoots etc... or should I just turn and run until they get there $#@% together.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
YEah. A simple phone call here should clear anything up. And get it in writing before you join

·
Registered
595 Posts
I bet you are talking about the new indoor range over in Post Falls aren't you? I am in Hayden. I heard what they are asking for range fees and had to laugh, but have not heard that ANY range here is demanding you purchase their ammo, screw that, they won't last long with that kind of policy, the counter guy was wrong.

You should check out the FRGC, Fernan Rod and Gun Club (no rods, all guns) It's on the backside of Fernan Lake just off the Sherman St. exit in Coeur d'Alene, or just contact them on their site www.frgc.org I think. THAT is a club. It's pricy to join, about $150 startup and $75 a year after that, but it's top notch, they have a 600 yard rifle range, all the targets you will ever need, a covered outdoor pistol range with cable operated drop down targets, have tactical neighborhood training, about 8 or 9 other pistol areas and a pretty cohesive, friendly bunch of folks, very cool club, locked and gated.

·
Registered
298 Posts
emschris said:
Awhile back I was in a Sportsman's Wharehouse and was at the gun counter when a guy was dropping off a gun. He was standing right next to me and mentioned that he was from a gun club/range he owned over in Idaho. (I live close to the WA/ID line.) With a brief chat he gave me his card and said I should come out some time. Another guy who got his card, and beat me to it, asked if he could bring in his own ammo. (Keep in mind this is the OWNER.) He said you could bring your own ammo, but it had to be commercially loaded, no reloads. Seemed reasonable. Went to the club and some guy behind the counter told me I MUST buy the club ammo to shoot on the range. And there ammo was FACTORY RELOADED AMMO, at least this is what I was told. The price was a buck more than that of Wally World, WWB. Someone doesn't have there story straight.

Should I presue this with the owner, it's a really nice facility, with very reasonable membership cost, lots of available classes, IDPA shoots etc... or should I just turn and run until they get there $#@% together.
So you want fries with that?

Call the owner. Employees hear things that their boss's mumble on a bad day and the next thing you know it has become store policy. Happens to me all the time. I encourage people to call me if their are any differences from the last time they were in or from what I had told them.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
$1 more than walmart?

thats better than any range ammo that i have seen. i say just stick with it, unless you want to talk to him about why he lied to you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
therooster said:
$1 more than walmart?

thats better than any range ammo that i have seen. i say just stick with it, unless you want to talk to him about why he lied to you.
Owners can't lie :lol: The idiot behind the counter might not know the difference between factory loaded and factory reloaded. Not only that, what ever the owner says trumps what the register jockey says.

·
Registered
833 Posts
THAT is a club. It's pricy to join, about $150 startup and $75 a year after that, but it's top notch, they have a 600 yard rifle range, all the targets you will ever need, a covered outdoor pistol range with cable operated drop down targets,
Thats cheap around here real cheap.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, thats the one, in Post Falls.

I have heard of the Fernan Club through ARC guns. They go over and do Automatic weapons shoots. The owner has a class III. I haven't been there yet but plan to try it some time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts