Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new Springfield Armory XD 5" Tactical model in .40 S&W. What should I do before I take it out to the range and run some rounds through it? I've heard that it's a good idea to disasemble the entire gun, clean it, oil it, and reassemble it. It that correct? I know that with target rifles there is a certian procedure for breaking in the barrel.....does the same thing hold true for a pistol?

thanks

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Well, I took mine from the dealer's hands right into the range and BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM until my hands hurt.

Then I took it home and cleaned it. Have fun!!! :D

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
A simple field strip and cleaning, followed by a light lube is about all you need to do....then shoot the begeebeus out of it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Your first step is to stop by Walmart and picked up a couple of boxes WWB! And maybe even an $8 Range bag while your at it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ben97XJ said:
Your first step is to stop by Walmart and picked up a couple of boxes WWB! And maybe even an $8 Range bag while your at it.
That's exactly what I did, step by step. Good advice for all. :D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
First ya need to lube it. Talk to it, caress it. Love your XD. Then after the tension builds, you need to let it release. BLAMBLAM
Note: make sure to use protection :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
FatMatt1981 said:
First ya need to lube it. Talk to it, caress it. Love your XD. Then after the tension builds, you need to let it release. BLAMBLAM
that was awful. funny, but awful :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I suggest a thorough cleaning from field stripped condition, plus lubing of course. Also, and just as important, a good clean and lube of your magazines. My favorite magazine lube is old fashioned silicone spray, not the new envirofriendly non-cfc stuff. Spray all the parts and wipe down as dry as possible with paper towels, then reassemble. Lubes great, prevents dirt and crud from sticking, and improves function. For the gun itself, I use high quality gun lubes.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
FatMatt1981 said:

oh god... LOL

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
OMG, almost blew beer into my laptop again...lol
I would definately get ALOT of ammo for it cause they are definately addictive and there is nothing worse than wanting to shoot more and being empty!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I finally got my new XD-40 Tactical out to the range today. I ran about 200 rounds through it.....it shot great, I love it. The .40 S&W seems to have a little more recoil than the 9mm, but not much. I'm very happy with my XD. :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
imq707s said:
Well I finally got my new XD-40 Tactical out to the range today. I ran about 200 rounds through it.....it shot great, I love it. The .40 S&W seems to have a little more recoil than the 9mm, but not much. I'm very happy with my XD. :lol:
Aww look , he got sassified on the first date at the range ROTF

·
Registered
15 Posts
One trip to the range is all it takes to fall in love. I am a big fan of breakfree clp it will make cleaning the gun easier with the more you use the product. Also I feel it helps protect the slide better than alot of the other oils out there. Enjoy your new XD

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
They're sayin that Amadillo stuff from www.pistol-gear.com
is some awesome finish protectant. It works like car wax, leavin an invisible dealy deal. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts