Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at a local gun store today and walked out with a Stag 5.56 lower. it's going to be slow build due to my wallet (the credit card is not getting involved) i am going to order a Stag lpk and 6 pos. stock. then when i have the $ i think it's getting a Stag model 1H upper. so it will be a Stag model 1 when i am all done. sorry in advanced because i am sure i will be asking a ton of questions as i move forward.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i was at a local gun store today and walked out with a Stag 5.56 lower. it's going to be slow build due to my wallet (the credit card is not getting involved) i am going to order a Stag lpk and 6 pos. stock. then when i have the $ i think it's getting a Stag model 1H upper. so it will be a Stag model 1 when i am all done. sorry in advanced because i am sure i will be asking a ton of questions as i move forward.
pictures or it didnt happen! :) j/k

sounds like you got yourself into a disease... don't worry you have a good support group to help you through these darkdays. :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congrads, and welcome to the obsession.

One thing you may want to look into is buying a complete kit in one shot to finish up your lower. It will take some discipline to save the cash, but it'll be cheaper than piecing it together with new parts. Just the shipping alone will kill you.

If you look at the bargain kits, I believe they start at about $400 and will have everything you need to turn a stripped lower into a complete rifle. Upgrade another $100 to $150 and you can get a pretty good rig together...

Good luck!
Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you search around ARFCOM, you'll find cheaper LPKs. I think RRA has one for a decent price, and there's plenty of people in the equipment exchange that are selling buffer assemblies, stocks, etc.

It's my understanding that you can build a budget AR for 700- and have a great rifle. I didn't take this route, I bought a CMMG as my first AR about a week ago...so don't hold me to that. :cool:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the disease !! I've had my gun about a week and it's already got mods and a whole 'nother box full of mods waiting.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Uh-oh:roll: you're screwed. On the bright side though you'll be a very happy person:D for making the big leap. Once you start doing research you'll realize there are all sorts of possibilities. The only piece of advice I can give is decide what you want your baby to do and follow that path. If you really get involved you'll have several AR's to fill different needs. Try Midwest Industries Inc, Yankee Hill Machine and Brownell's to get some ideas.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
thats how I started...I've got a DPMS stripped lower and a magpul CTR stock kit so far. I'll be looking for a few magpul mags, a pistol grip, and an LPK this weekend at the gunshow. Then it'll be time to start saving for an upper...

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Congrats and good choice. I love my Stag AR.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
You now have BRD. Be prepared for more AR's in your safe. :p

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ha! the pic is up.
so this BRD is a well documented disease, and no fault of my own? well sweet, i feel a little better. it might be awhile but ill post pics of the build.
thank you.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
sounds sweet i opted for the 2HT upper on my last build as i rarely ever use a Carry handle

enjoy and welcome to the disease

you think you got it bad

i have these that i picked up a few weeks ago that i have to build up.

im not sure about both but on one of them i am going to hand pick all my Lower parts kit definitely not a money saver but it will have everything that i want and nothing I don't

now i just have to decide if i want a Timminy Trigger or a JP adjustable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts