Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while since I have been on the forum, I sold my XDm several years ago. I liked it just never used it. I am now in the market for anther
shooter that will allow me to swap .40 and .357 barrels. I know the XDM will allow this, can you also put a 9MM barrel in? What about a .45 ACP?

Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The XDm -40 can accept a .357sig barrel and a 9mm barrel. The slide opening is too small for the .45acp and the .40 guide rod would also interfere.

As far as I know, they would have to be XDm pattern barrels. Couldn't use a 5" barrel from an XD --- but that's not verified!!!

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
An XDm 4.5 in 40SW can be swapped to a 357SIG aftermarket barrel with no loss of reliability or function as the breech face is identical for both rounds. The magazines are also identical and no recoil spring change is needed. The 40SW can also use a 9mm conversion barrel with good range use reliability (not enough for SD use). Lighter recoil spring and 9mm mags help improve reliability.
I think the 4.5 model has a good choice of aftermarket barrels, not sure what selection exists for the 3.8 model. In about 6 months, some 5.25 model barrels may start to come to market.
You will have to check if any .400Corbon barrels are made for the 45acp XDm (some were made for the XD series). Have not read about any 460 Rowland barrels for the XDm 45acp.
9mm is 9mm, no changes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel for my Xdm 40. It was threaded and I used my Xdm as a suppressor host. I had some feeding issues on occasion that may have been caused by the 40's feeding ramp. Like Thumper said, not great for SD but was fine for my purposes. Just swapped the 40 back in when it was time to go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts