Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
My subcompact XD (I don't have a 4 or 5" XD), as measured by my caliper (not a digital to .001, but an okay old mechanical)

Slide width at widest point = 1.090"
Plastic frame width just below slide = 1.190"
grip just above magazine = 1.210"
Widest part of grip (includes the raised thumb "lump" area) = 1.264
Absolute widest point (includes protrusion from slide release) = 1.286"

If comparing to other guns, bear in mind Springfield measures the overall length the way I would (total length from end of barrel to whatever point extends farthest back, be it beavertail, slide, etc.). Some (Glock) measure the total slide length, but neglect to include the portion of the grip that extends even more behind that point.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was thinking they were a little wider overall than a glock. I used to have an xd sc and sold it. Now I'm probably going to get another one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Both slides are a bit thick for easy summer concealment for me. I have a Kel-Tec 3AT for those days. I went with the XD over the Glock. Just liked it better. I went with the G17 over the full-sized XD for variety. I'm pleased with them both. Here's a pic overlaying the XD and G26 from the side. Don't know if you need it, but it's just sitting in cyberspace waiting for someone to view it :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, it's still a useful pic :D

I like the sc much better than the glock sc. I sold mine out of ignorance mostly, fearing the infamous "rusting" issue. I'm going to get another one. It's superior in my opinion to the sc glocks in every aspect but finish which I no longer feel is the issue it's been made out to be.

I just wish my glock holsters would fit the xd.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well so much for the sc. I ended up walking away with a green frame fullsize 9mm. The recoil management with that thing is amazing. So far I likee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts