Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Do you have any idea how many people carry guns without external safeties? nothing dumb about carrying a gun like a glock, XD, or Sig, the dumb part is shooting yourself with it because your an idiot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true enough but yeah he's an idiot i have an xd but its a nightstand gun i'm just a guy who feels a little safer having to disengage the safety before god forbid i ever have to shoot someone
freebyrd

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Do you have any idea how many people carry guns without external safeties? nothing dumb about carrying a gun like a glock, XD, or Sig, the dumb part is shooting yourself with it because your an idiot.
+1
The most effective safety in existence is between your ears, and a firearm in condition three (full magazine, chamber empty) can cost precious seconds.
However, he is an idiot for the NEGLIGENT discharge.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No other way to carry my XD than with one in the pipe. The danger time is when holstering. This is where the grip safety helps. I always holster with my hand off the grip so I cannot catch the trigger with my clothing.

The only reason that guy shot himself was the fact that he didn't keep his booger picker off the trigger.

·
Registered
29,767 Posts
true enough but yeah he's an idiot i have an xd but its a nightstand gun i'm just a guy who feels a little safer having to disengage the safety before god forbid i ever have to shoot someone
freebyrd

"This is my safety, sir..."

·
Premium Member
188 Posts

I agree totally. I do not want to have to fumble for a safety or wonder if there is one in the chamber if an intruder awakens me in the middle of the night. Mine is kept in the drawer next to the bed, no children in the home anymore. I think the most important things is knowing your weapon, I shoot on a regular basis and I know my guns, inside and out. Just like I read in an earlier post, when I holster my XD, I do not have my hand on the grip safety and of course not the trigger, this will ensure me I will not shoot myself.With my Glock, it only has a trigger safety so common sense tell you not to holster or pull your gun out by the trigger.

One of the best things I ever did was to take a gun safety and shooting class. I have owned guns, shot guns and been around guns all of my life but I never really shot them regularly and contrary to my belief, I did not know everything. There was alot of things I learned and I am much safer and a better shooter having taken the class. The most important thing I took from that class was KNOW YOUR WEAPON AND STAY PROFICIENT. There are a lot of people who get their carry license and have not shot or not shot in years since passing their proficiency test. I have always wondered how someone can shoot themselves with their own gun, well, it has to do with lack of education about the firearm.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Suspended for the remainder of the season, the 31-year-old faces a felony weapons possession charge that requires a mandatory minimum 3 1/2 years in prison.
We'll see if he is above the law.

I don't know if these million dollar athletes have rules in their contracts about losing their pay if found engaging in dangerous/illegal behavior that could jeopardize their playing time, but they should.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I disagree with the fact that he was carrying in a Night club where more than likely he was having a few drinks and around people who were intoxicated. Alcohol and firearms don't mix.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Oh well, if he can't play football he can make a rap album about how "hard" he is and how he took one in the leg. He can go on tour opening for 50 Cent.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This looks good for us careful common sense gun owners.. He should have not
been in a nightclub with his gun.. What a loser... Crazy Liberal Nazi Mayor Bloomberg said in an interview last week.. "throw the book at him"..... So I guess
he is in for some jail time....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong...Wasn't he in a club of some sort??? In most if not all states carrying where alcahol is served is a violation of CCW permits anyway...Must be nothing but muscle bewteen the ears.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't know if these million dollar athletes have rules in their contracts about losing their pay if found engaging in dangerous/illegal behavior that could jeopardize their playing time, but they should.
Generally speaking I think there is. It's usually called a 'moral turpitude' clause (more common for folks in, you'll excuse the expression, the "news" business; ie. don't embarass us by your personal behavior But it'll cost him.)

One thing that always concerns me is the idea that "there's no possible way" to have an ND with the kind of weapon I own.

That's a prescription for trouble. Every firearm can kill you, or at a minimum change your entire world in a NY minute - every day. IMHO that's the only way to think about them. Your safety is between your ears. Nowhere else.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i chose the xd because of the pasive safety features and no manual one. i carry +1 IN A HOLSTER thats the key you put it in a holster whether it has a safety or not.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
i chose the xd because of the pasive safety features and no manual one. i carry +1 IN A HOLSTER thats the key you put it in a holster whether it has a safety or not.
+1

1 - 20 of 79 Posts