Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ye olde local gun store to get 9 mm ammo for practice and to decide which I would need for competition. PMC was relatively cheap and I know it is the same manufacturer of the M2 ball surplus ammo that I use for my beloved SA M1 Garand. I want ammo that is clean firing that will leave the least amount of fouling and have the biggest bang for the buck! What does everyone use for both plinking and IDPSA?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
When I use factory its usually American Eagle 147 FMJ FP. Reloads I use West Coast 147 gr FMJ FP. I like the heavier bullets.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
WWB & Speer Gold Dot

·
Registered
580 Posts
for the range i use WWB...its 10.97 for 100rds...i'm happy with that.

i don't compete but i carry hydroshoks for self defense. i guess self defense is its own form of competition, though...so yeah. :-D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
using UMC (remington) right now for plinking.. Hydroshock 147gr for carry.. I also use WWB for plinking.. in fact, I use whatever is cheap for plinking... except for wolf. Too many bad reviews around here for that ammo. I am cheap, but I am not that cheap.

Raymond

·
Registered
452 Posts
WWB = Wincester White Box

Best price in most places is at Wally World.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i use S&B and silver bear in 9mm to practice
Federal JHP for defense.

UMC in .45 to practice(thinking about getting some S&B
Federal JHP for defense.

·
Registered
285 Posts
WWB but if not available the CCI Blazer Brass both in 115 FMJ. Both work great at my USPSA shoots and for practice.

·
Registered
885 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Black Talons for carry
I though that these were a real waste of MONEY?!
A friend of mine gave me a box. He no longer has a 9mm. So no waste on my side.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts