Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is you xd picky about the ammo you put through it? mine hates remmy. I have the 4" one. It really doesn't like Blazer either.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Whatever I find cheapest. It's went through Blazer, WWB, and Rem. with nary a hiccup.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The first thing i shot was Blazer, and it was a little finicky, but it was straight outta the box new. The main problem is when i tried to go rapid fire and the packing grease was making the slide a little slow. So, i shot 100 rounds cleaned and lubed went out and shot another 100 rounds of blazer and no problems. Have since shot more blazer, WWB, UMC, some crappy cheap dirty stuff that was in a red and green box, and not another hiccup. Have probably put about 500 rounds through since i got the 4" model the week before the election and no issues other than the first 100. SC never had an issue with anything from what i remember.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
For carry, I use hornady tap. But for range, like everyones said already, the cheapest I can find. Usually its either WWB or blazer from wally world, but occasionally I'll pick up some remington umc thats on sale at Dicks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mostly, I shot WWB, but lately it's been FMJ reloads. Never ever had an issue with anything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
At the range... WWB.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is you xd picky about the ammo you put through it? mine hates remmy. I have the 4" one. It really doesn't like Blazer either.
+1...My XD likes WWB and Federal the best. I haven't shoot Blazer Brass cause it's just a dollar cheaper than WWB at the local Walmart. Also, I haven't had a chance to shoot Hornady ammo.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I dont have the XD40service but i do have it in the sub-compact. I also have an XD9service. Usually i use WWB. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
In my XD40 w/4" barrel: Fiocchi, WWB, Federal Hydrashocks, Speer Gold Dots, Winchester Ranger T, all with zero failures.

In my new XDM40 - nothing yet. A crime I will soon remedy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well I guess there is only one cure and that is for me to clean it, lube it and put more down range.Don't get me wrong I wouldn't carry anything but my xd as I love it, it just doesn't seem to like remmy ammo. I wish I had taken a pic of the traget when I shot remmy last, it was horrible at best. Thanks for the help guys, I have a box of Winchester, 165 Gr ball rounds to try.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I pick up 9mm and 45 ACP Remmington UMC by the case from Dick's a couple of times a month. It always runs fine in my XDs.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I was thinking...I've put BB, WWB, Wolf, Independence, Federal, Magtech and think that's it down my .40. No FTF or FTE (knock on wood).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The problems I am having is not FTF's it is accuracy problems. In the past the hydrashocks and other ball rounds I have used are way more accurate than the remmy's in my xd. I guess I should've quantified this by saying the last time I shot it, about a week ago is was like 25 yards and had 12 rounds in like about 3' x 2 1/2'-3' yeah that is feet not inches.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
mine will shoot anything. i normally use reloads

for carry i use the buffalo bore ammo, its a 180 grain gold dot at 1100 fps

·
Registered
913 Posts
The problems I am having is not FTF's it is accuracy problems. In the past the hydrashocks and other ball rounds I have used are way more accurate than the remmy's in my xd. I guess I should've quantified this by saying the last time I shot it, about a week ago is was like 25 yards and had 12 rounds in like about 3' x 2 1/2'-3' yeah that is feet not inches.
I too noticed that my hydrashocks were much more accurate. However, I've only fired about 75 of them because of the cost. BB and Independence is what I shoot most often and they are fairly accurate. They're definitely more accurate than I am...

·
Registered
460 Posts
my 4" 40 is fussy as hell about ammo. The only 'cheap' ammo it'll fire reliably (with out tons of FTE/FTF) is WWB. Blazer & finocci are the worst, umc coming in a close 3rd. Hydrashocks dont feed eithor. I know its not the mags for me - i've had the same issues with all 5 of my mags. dont feel bad.. you're not the only one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
carry ammo is 180gr Speer Gold Dot.

at the range its either WWB, or remington UMC. Fiocchi is the only ammo that has ever given me problems. 5 FTFs in a row! i took the whole box back to the range counter and got a refund.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts