Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out which one. Budget is $200 ish. I don't want illuminated reticles or anything like that. Just a basic crosshair type.

Looking at the Vortex CrossFire II, and the Bushnell AR dropzone.

OR is the Burris Tac30 worth $300?

Im planning on just range-shooting @ 100yds or less and this would be my first setup.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Can get a Leopold for three bills if you want to go that route , I like vortex. No experience with Burris .

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can get a Leopold for three bills if you want to go that route , I like vortex. No experience with Burris .
Yeah, what model is in that price range? One of the "Mark" somethings?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I've got a couple of older Bushnell scopes that still work as good as they did 20 to 30 years ago.

So I just bought a couple of the AR scopes in 1X4 with the BDC reticle and easy adjustment knobs. I haven't got them on a rifle yet.

Funny you ask. I also just bought one of the Burris 3X9 AR scopes. I put it on a 20" flat top AR but haven't got to shoot it yet.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a couple of older Bushnell scopes that still work as good as they did 20 to 30 years ago.

So I just bought a couple of the AR scopes in 1X4 with the BDC reticle and easy adjustment knobs. I haven't got them on a rifle yet.

Funny you ask. I also just bought one of the Burris 3X9 AR scopes. I put it on a 20" flat top AR but haven't got to shoot it yet.
Are those stickers on the nikon? The "ar optics" logo. Because i think that kinda sucks lol. If its not removable

EDIT: bushnell i meant. Not nikon

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Ever think of the Primary Arms?

They have a 1-4x24 for $115 (with great reviews), and they also have a 1-6x with their ACSS reticle for $270 that is supposedly a great piece of gear.

Out of the three you listed, I would probably choose the Vortex, good mix of quality, a great warranty, and a good price.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Leopold Matte Duplex VX-2 1X4X20 Semi Compact scope. Slightly over 9" long. Very bright, very high quality, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. A little bit on the long side. About $400 bucks delivered from Optics Planet. Works so well for us that it keeps getting passed back and forth. Yep ... this scope is that good. Our opinion only. HB of CJ (old coot)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Leopold Matte Duplex VX-2 1X4X20 Semi Compact scope. Slightly over 9" long. Very bright, very high quality, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. A little bit on the long side. About $400 bucks delivered from Optics Planet. Works so well for us that it keeps getting passed back and forth. Yep ... this scope is that good. Our opinion only. HB of CJ (old coot)
Ugh, that's pricey though. I'm sure it's worth it, but i just don't have the $

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked at primary arms, but i didn't see a non-illuminated one. And i wasn't sure about the reticle or the fact that is almost a foot long

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Been looking at the 6X Leupold for myself recently.

Ever owned a Leupold scope? They're pretty nice for the money.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been looking at the 6X Leupold for myself recently.

Ever owned a Leupold scope? They're pretty nice for the money.
Never had anything that fancy. I have an affordable nikon on my deer gun. I like that a lot. Very clear and good in low light

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nikon 1-4 x 20 M223 point blank is inexpensive, clear glass and true one power for both eyes open shooting. Running one on a Mini 14. Have the VX6 1-6 Illuminated on my heavy metal gun - it's incredible!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have a Primary Arms 1X4 on my .300 BO AR and it is huge. Seems to be a good scope, but it's really big compared to some of the others.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a Primary Arms 1X4 on my .300 BO AR and it is huge. Seems to be a good scope, but it's really big compared to some of the others.
Yeah i think I'd like something a little more compact. Leaning toward that vortex, with the bushnell in a close 2nd.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Just got the vortext crossfire II over the holidays. Seems to be a nice scope from everything i can tell so far. Have yet to shoot it though. I've had a m223 aswell and liked the glass better, but wasn't a fan of the huge turrets. (stickers come off)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts