Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody attending the Run n Gun in Pecos this year. I'll be there walking and gunning mostly.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got my Magpul MulitMission 2 sling today. Already have my 100oz hydration bladder waiting on my 2-6X28 scope for the 450 yard shots and I'll be ready.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Wish Pecos wasn't so far away; sounds like fun. Unless of course it's 100+ as it's been here all summer.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A shooting buddy of mine has won it 2 years in a row. He said last year it was 100 + it was run in Aug or Early Sept can't remember for sure. Thankfully for my first one it will be later into the year. Lot's of big time firearms sponsors show up. I think there were a few sponsored teams.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my gear ready for tomorrow. Shooting buddy is already there. He's going to be an RO this year. Sent me some pics of the road on his way there.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea charging the camera as I type. Htown is going to use a helmet cam so we'll have some vids also.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we both finished a little worst for the wear but had a lot of fun. I'm pretty sore today and have large blisters on both of my heels. Man was that fun. Can't wait for next year. Many lessons learned from this first time. Lighten up on the gear, and train going up and down rough terrain. When possible carry your rifle when training. It was a big difference with and without rifle.

The 450 yard shots were cool I could see the bullet trace and splash before the "ding". I was able to correct for my first two misses by looking at the bullet trace.

Stage 4, 250 yard partially exposed targets shooting through brush was the hardest. Mainly because of the brush but also because it was at the top of pretty high hill that you had to climb. You actually climbed one hill and then went down that one and climbed another to get to the shooting station. My shooting stick was too short to see over the brush so I had to shoot off hand standing on the last 4 targets.

I'll post pics as soon as I get back from taking the wife out to lunch. It's going to be hell trying to explain all the mesquite scratches on the car. The road was rough getting to the staging area.

That's not me. That's a lady shooter passing Htown.

View for the top of one the many hills we had to climb. You can see one of the stages off in the distance.

Htown with his helmet cam.

Me at the starting line waiting for the go.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Morning about 2 hours before our time to start running. All the other guys were suited up and ready all I had was my gun (in case of snakes). We didn't take an after pick, I would have shown a bunch of tired dirty guys with big smiles though. I joked to the other guys that I was going to say "that guy on the left shot the whole course with just a pistol."
Me on the left, htown, htown's friend hkiller, and hkillers friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts