Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to watch "when the game stands tall" and I have the whole theater to myself. So i am looking around and wondering where the best place to sit is. When I am at a restaurant I know I want to sit where I can see the door and people. Where do you sit at a movie theater and why?

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Back row in an aisle seat so I can see everyone else and all the exits.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
When I go to the movies, I sit so that I'm not straining my neck to see the movie. Now that I carry, I try to make it a point to sit where I can see everyone as well.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I don't go to those Ebola infested places anymore.

If I felt some strange need, I'd be up at the wall, in a corner, so as to make scanning the audience easier. I suppose it would be somewhat distracting having to hear the boys, girls, and those who check "other", necking each other.

Yeah that's why I haven't gone in decades. I've literally saved enough to pay for the 60" LEDTVS and the nice home theater.

·
Administrator
22,358 Posts
I prefer the railing or near an exit, otherwise, its top row.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Movie theaters are dirty...

Reactions: Helpdesk9

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Movies probably over by now, but if you sit on the last row, nobody can sit behind you and spill popcorn and Coke on you or kick the seat.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I run around the theater yelling and listening so I can find the best spot for optimal acoustics.
Lol. If it's a calibrated THX room, that would be between 5/8 and 2/3 of the way up from the screen, and 20 degrees on either side of the centerline.

But I remember sitting in only TWO good-sounding rooms, even though they all had the THX sticker on the front window :rolleyes:

My cobbled together home theater system is far, far better sounding than most theaters...FWIW.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Lol. If it's a calibrated THX room, that would be between 5/8 and 2/3 of the way up from the screen, and 20 degrees on either side of the centerline.

But I remember sitting in only TWO good-sounding rooms, even though they all had the THX sticker on the front window :rolleyes:

My cobbled together home theater system is far, far better sounding than most theaters...FWIW.
Knowing where it should be is not nearly as fun as my process ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't like movie theaters, but I will take my family every so often for their sake.

1. I loathe hollywood and most of the activist idiot liberal actors...
2. All the theaters around here have the No Guns sign.
3. Movie theaters are nasty.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
I haven't been in a movie theater since 1998.

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
I run around the theater yelling and listening so I can find the best spot for optimal acoustics.
So...that was you!?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I used to sit middle/middle, looking for the wall speakers to get the best effect. I've since moved to a place where the nearest theater is 30 miles, and they have a no gun policy, so I am staying home and saving for that jumbo flat screen.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I don't like movie theaters, but I will take my family every so often for their sake.

1. I loathe hollywood and most of the activist idiot liberal actors...
2. All the theaters around here have the No Guns sign.
3. Movie theaters are nasty.
How many of you guys ignore the signs and carry anyway?

I know some of you probably live in states where the signs don't hold the weight of law but they do in AZ. I ignore them for the most and nobody knows any different.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts