Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if you havent seen my newb posts im very new to handguns, i bought my xd9 about 2 weeks ago and ive only shot about 60 rds through it just for the hell of it not really aiming at a target or anything... anyways I went out to the outdoor range with some of my homeland security buddies and they let me shoot thier h&k .40 service pistols they carry, we shot at a target looking like a person. we first started from the 1 yrd line shooting 6 rds with both hands, 3 rds with the right only, and another 3 with the left hand only finishing the clip. proceded to the 7 yrd line and shot all 12 rds with both hands, then went to the 15 yrd line and shot the last 12 rds. they scored my shooting based on the boxes within the target, dead center meaning 5 pts, the next ring was 4pts the following 3, then 2 and then 0 for outside the figure. the highest score that we could get was 180 meaning all 36 rds with dead center, well guys i scored a 178!! shot 2 rds in the 4pt ring i was proud of myself because i have no pistol knowledge or training, ive always had rifles so im very new to it, the firearms instructor was very suprised and proud of me, he asked if i was in the military and i said no lol he said i would be up to par with other homeland security agents who shoot all the time :)

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Nice shooting, it'll only get better as you go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts