Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the first time I went to the range, I was incredibly happy with the results and the gun was shooting very accurately with the 200gr Gold Dot ammo but today, I wasn't so thrilled. I picked up some 200gr Lawman ammo and had pretty terrible results. Every shot was low, including when I aimed high above the target which really aggrivated me. The groups for the most part were fine but the XD didn't seem to like that ammo at all.

I'm having them do custom reloads for me so they said they may be able to help my results by putting a different bullet in the shell and keeping the bullet at 200gr, if that doesn't work, they'll put 185gr in it and go from there.

I did get to shoot a Glock today though. I shot a 4" .45ACP and there was a lot less recoil than my .45 GAP but I didn't like the feel of the pistol as a whole. Maybe it's an aquired thing. The guy who let me fire his pistol was really a nice guy though, I think he brought the whole family along (as well as about 5 different Glocks).

Hopefully my reloads will be a bit more accurate than the Lawman ammo but I guess we'll see next week.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Flinching? I do not know your shooting history, but that is my guess. Dry firing should help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
1. Place penny on slide of XD just behind the front sight.
2. Dry fire.

If the penny falls off you're not a)holding the gun stable as you pull the trigger and/or b)pulling the trigger smoothly. I've had great range days and then the next time I went shooting it sucked, I flinched, slapped the trigger, etc. Concentrate on holding the gun steady and slowly squeezing the trigger. Squeeze slightly faster every range trip and work up to your comfort zone.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys, I'll definitely work on that as I'm sure you both are right about flinching being my problem.

Cheers

·
Registered
212 Posts
also make sure the pad of your trigger finger is on the trigger, not the joint. This tends to make you jerk when you go to fire. I keep the trigger almost on the tip of my finger. I have nice consistent groups. All about 1 1/2"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts