Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of lurking on xdm discussions all over the web, and drooling over every XDM I could fondle in person, I had it in my heart today to procure one for my very own. This would be my FIRST poly gun. No kidding - I've been an all steel guy to date. I was never thrilled about the glock revolution - I was always waiting for the day the reports would fly in how they just fell apart. Of course, I was dead wrong.. I think glock has earned its spot in the history books. But now that I finally believed in plastics, I felt there were better options today - namely the XDM.

So my intention today was to get an XDM 9mm sub-compact - and after I sell some of my other stuff, get a 2nd one, full size one in .40 caliber, or maybe 45 ACP. And the XDM is the first poly gun I've shot that made me feel like jumping in head first (replace them ALL with XDMS!).

And then a terrible thing happened at the LGS, I made the mistake of asking if I should be looking at anything else for comparison. He handed me a spanking new HK p30 9mm, with a warning, "You might not want to hold this...".

Ye-gads, I had no idea HK had such a sexy gun. It feels like it's melted right into my hand - and that's just with the stock grips and backstrap, all of which can be changed. It just exudes quality... and points so natural. Like a fool, I didn't drive up to scottsdale, to put a rental through the paces. No, I just pulled out the wallet and bought it. He informed me the gun had been in the case for all of one hour... and the last one sold just as quick.

Foolish whim? An illusion of quality? Big mistake?

I have an original series kimber I will be selling to fund the XDM40/45... so I know I will still be getting an xdm... but I wonder if this was just a dumb mistake. It's weird because I really just had to have it on the spot - none of the careful calculated shopping I've done up to this point for the XDM 9mm sc.

:oops:

·
Registered
64 Posts
No purchase of an HK is a dumb mistake. Nice purchase

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
congrats, lets see pics. and the smallest xdm 9mm is the compact, only the xd comes in subcompact.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great buy just like when I was 21 and bought my first two handguns at the same time. A H&K USP 40 full size and compact with stainless slide.

dumb mistake is when I had to sell both of those when I fell on hard times financially

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm a huge Hk fan but everything is expensive. $50 a mag is not fun.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Very nice pickup!!!!

My very first handgun was the same, an HK P30 in 9mm. LOVED everything about it, wish I had never gotten rid of it. It's a shooter too! You're going to enjoy it a lot!

They also make the P30 in .40s&w now too!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had a similar experience at my LGS. It didn't have the same happy ending of me buying the gun but when I picked it up it felt like it was molded for my hand alone. I WILL have a H&K P30 someday!

Oh, and grats on the gun btw.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love the p30, ive only rented and shot, but it was amazing. The fit was perfect, and it shot beautifully.

I too will own one some day. The P7 is also on the list.

I have a good last impression with the one I rented. Me and a buddy for our last shot put one round in for a shot at 25 yards. I placed the shot directly in the middle of the target's "forehead".

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love the p30, ive only rented and shot, but it was amazing. The fit was perfect, and it shot beautifully.

I too will own one some day. The P7 is also on the list.

I have a good last impression with the one I rented. Me and a buddy for our last shot put one round in for a shot at 25 yards. I placed the shot directly in the middle of the target's "forehead".
I love my P7..The problem most have with them is getting use to the squeeze cocker..Mine is about as accurate as anyone could ever desire..What I went into shock over was the fact when I bought this P7 it was 550.00 now look at them..I also own a couple of the USP's and am very pleased with them as well.But like you said H&K has a price that will run most folks off..When I purchased my 91 I purchased that P7 and I have never looked back..

H&K designed the first polymer pistol and I would love to get my hands on a VP70..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts