Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A HK VP9. I am a big fan of the Springfield XDm line and it's the pistol I'm best with but the grip and the trigger won this time.
I had intentions of getting a full size .40 caliber XDm to go with my 3.8 Compact and spotted the VP9. I have been curious since they came out and it doesn't disappoint. I got it yesterday, cleaned It and went to the range.
Trigger is very nice and reset is very good. I got mine with the TruDot night sights on but there was a problem, they were off center. The pistol hadn't been dropped or anything but I was consistently hitting left. It was a great group at 7 yards but all left. I finally put it on a rest and brought the target to 5 yards. Left, left, left. A few taps though and I was on. This is the first pistol I've had that wasn't on. Anyways, the VP9 is a great pistol. Very light and easy to shoot. Still thinking about a full size XDm though. Hahaha

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Congrats on the HK.

Reactions: joatmon

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Hope it gets fixed for ya'.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Having owned a few XDM's and owning and carrying a VP9 be assured you made the right choice and stepped up to a better gun. I've got the same gun with the night sights and it's excellent in all respects.

Not knocking the XDM as I think they're good guns, but the HK is better.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
It looks like a great gun, but there's no VP45. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol! It's odd that the sights weren't right from the jump, but it sounds like you have it all sorted out now.

But I do have one serious question: Where are 'da PICS, man!?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I shot a rental VP9 at the range last week and it was scary accurate, even in my hands.

I plan on shooting it a couple more times to make sure it wasn't a fluke and then it may be time to grab one.

Congrats.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixed it myself with a few taps from a small rubber hammer and a punch. No marks on the sight either, duct tape is a wonderful product.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll get some pictures taken.
The sights were a mystery to me also, never had a problem with any other new pistol I've bought.
Not a problem though, I have just always remembered the word "FORS".
Front Opposite Rear Same.

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Did you have anyone else shoot it?

Odds are, it's you, not the sights.

And congrats in the VP9; I'd take one over a XDm all day every day...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you have anyone else shoot it?

Odds are, it's you, not the sights.

And congrats in the VP9; I'd take one over a XDm all day every day...
I did have someone else shoot it and they were left too. I eventually put in on a rest and found out it was the sights.
I understand left/low left if you're newer or possibly changing pistols (DA/SA to striker or vice versa) but I wasn't and I've done it with my Sigs and other striker pistols. They were off and this was the first time I've seen this. LEM had me shooting low/left and I did the same thing, put it on a rest. I saw that it was dead on and that it was me.
First time for everything and no one is perfect. Easy fix.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
It's good that the gun found a home where it could be fixed, rather than having to send it back in disappointment,.

Nothing we make is perfect. Ever.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
probably a good call OP, fixing the sights yourself...I was a devout "Koch-head" for a looong time...and their immortal saying: HK--because you suck and we hate you...is a very apt dissection of dealing with their Customer Service...

That being said, the VP-9 is on my radar...they make a .40 version and I am on that like a stripper on an 8-ball! :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
probably a good call OP, fixing the sights yourself...I was a devout "Koch-head" for a looong time...and their immortal saying: HK--because you suck and we hate you...is a very apt dissection of dealing with their Customer Service...

That being said, the VP-9 is on my radar...they make a .40 version and I am on that like a stripper on an 8-ball! :lol:
I have heard their CS got a lot better but I've never had to deal with them.
I've owned a USPc, P30, P2000, P2000sk and a 45CT, never had an issue.
I had one issue with one pistol over the years and it was a Sig P224 but I never sent it back.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
That's a fine pistola, it's as good as a striker fired gun gets. As for the sights, it happens. I bought a Beretta PX4 and the rear sight was way off to the right, my FFL straightened it up for.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Nice!

Even though I am heavily invested in Glocks...I still want to get a VP-9 some day.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I held one and dry fired it a few times yesterday at the lgs. Very nice and the price is great for an HK. Won't be replacing my M&P9 w/ Apex trigger tho.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts