Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
In a lifetime of dumb tweets that one stands out. No idea why he would feel the need to poke at the mob but he just did.

My guess is nobody will give the MAGA guys trouble, I think the typical Antifa type is a coward and won't start a fight he might not win. But you never know. I'd stay far away from downtown Tulsa on Saturday.
Seems like a bad thing to say.

But, he’s not wrong.
He just shouldn’t say it out loud.

It’s okay though, Sharpton is in town to help “keep the peace”.
I’m sure he won’t be fanning any flames.

And for anyone that doesn’t know (many don’t, it wasn’t even in my Oklahoma history books as a kid) there was a terrible massacre of black people in Tulsa in the early 20s.
The whites burned down a big section of town, and they don’t even know how many blacks died. Over 200.
The area known as Greenwood is what was razed, it’s not too far from this rally. It wasn’t a poor area, in fact it was a very affluent black community that many referred to as Black Wall Street.

It’s been on everyone’s minds recently, the mayor had some people here last year scanning some areas in search of mass graves that are reportedly around.
There isn’t much actual text about the event, much of it has been scrubbed from history or never recorded in the first place.
Word of mouth accounts are the main source of info, and there aren’t really any people left that were alive when it happened.

The president originally scheduled his rally on Juneteenth, and then moved it.
The 99th anniversary of the riots was just a couple weeks ago.

I guess you could say between this and everything else going on, there is plenty of dry kindling here, and hopefully there are no sparks thrown.

·
Registered
11,515 Posts
I live on the edge of Downtown Tulsa. The BOK center is easily within walking distance. Hopefully no trouble gets started downtown. If it does I will just load all my rifle and pistol mags. And be ready. I have no concerns over those who just want to protest. May need a good police scanner to monitor the activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out Scanner Radio in your cell phone's app store. No need to buy a scanner any longer. However, I still have several from when I was in the FD.

Hope NO trouble/problems come to you or your family and friends. Stay safe this weekend.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Hey...it is what it is..Sooner or later at some point,the shite is gonna hit the fan..With all of this craziness going on, 3 mos. of covid 19 lockdown ridiculousness, now a month of protests, riots,violence and looting and more of the same to come..Things are pretty upside down right now..We've been making saints and heroes out of thugs for a while now,and now we're trying to give cops the death sentence for doing the jobs they were told to do..Crazy times ?.. People are at a tipping point..Now cops are saying "screw it" and walking off jobs,and justifiably so..It seems the further they let this stuff go hoping it will die down,the worst it gets..There's no let up...Some of these morons that don't want police don't realize at that point it works both ways..They need to think about what they're asking for..It may not work out like they think..Right or wrong,just my .02..

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Reactions: zee

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
yeah but jokes on them when im helicoptering around naked like a sasqiatch
With that in mind, I have removed all references to Sasquatch from my search history... don't need that popping-up in my YouTube queue.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Looks like 6 of Trumps campaign staff have tested positive for COVID.
They apparently are part of the team that comes early and plans everything.

Cases are rising in the state, with Tulsa being the new hot spot.

I knew the very first person that died in the state, and since then haven’t known or heard of anyone I know having the virus, until this week.
Now, I don’t personally know anyone with it, but I do know some people that do.
Coworkers daughters friend.
Cousins sons girlfriend.

Couple of degrees of separation still, but I’m starting to hear about it more in a closer circle.

Meanwhile, many of the MAGA supporters are also voicing their strong opinions against masks when interviewed in the news.
I think after we cram 20k people into a building and another couple hundred thousand in the street outside things might get interesting for the virus.

Personally I’ve worn a mask more in public this month than I did in March or April.
I feel now that the chances of getting it are even higher now than they were back then.
Cases rising sharply and everyone is over it and back to their normal lives.

I went to Sams this morning and stocked up pretty good again. Going to work from home next week and avoid the public for a while again.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Looks like 6 of Trumps campaign staff have tested positive for COVID.
They apparently are part of the team that comes early and plans everything.

Cases are rising in the state, with Tulsa being the new hot spot.

I knew the very first person that died in the state, and since then haven’t known or heard of anyone I know having the virus, until this week.
Now, I don’t personally know anyone with it, but I do know some people that do.
Coworkers daughters friend.
Cousins sons girlfriend.

Couple of degrees of separation still, but I’m starting to hear about it more in a closer circle.

Meanwhile, many of the MAGA supporters are also voicing their strong opinions against masks when interviewed in the news.
I think after we cram 20k people into a building and another couple hundred thousand in the street outside things might get interesting for the virus.

Personally I’ve worn a mask more in public this month than I did in March or April.
I feel now that the chances of getting it are even higher now than they were back then.
Cases rising sharply and everyone is over it and back to their normal lives.

I went to Sams this morning and stocked up pretty good again. Going to work from home next week and avoid the public for a while again.
Funny that they media bashes the R convention and Trump for the rally and the fact it will spread etc. but they coddle the protesters elbow to elbow many w/o (useless)masks and never mention the FACT all these spikes are happening precisely 2weeks after all the protests started.

Coincidence.

I think not.

But the MSM will NEVER broach that subject.

·
Registered
56,413 Posts
I wonder how many guns will be stolen from vehicles at the event?
0 looting at Trump Rally
0 fires
0 shootings
Pretty sure that was the way the 2016 rallies went!
Hope it happens again

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Annnnnd.., nothing happened. Unless you consider Trump blowing hot air, and 8 of his minions catching the Rona news.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Annnnnd.., nothing happened. Unless you consider Trump blowing hot air, and 8 of his minions catching the Rona news.
A real leader would consider, even once, opening a dialogue with the protestors and actually engaging in their concerns, and admitting to them there is a real racism problem in this country, and trying to actively find a solution. Instead we ignore it and try to silence them.

This is why he won’t win, he and all his people continue to not even acknowledge it.
The other day they couldn’t get Pence to say the words “black lives matter”.
Asked directly, he would not say it.

If his fan base is going to stop supporting him because he acknowledges that black lives matter, then they are honestly part of the racism problem we have today.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Funny that they media bashes the R convention and Trump for the rally and the fact it will spread etc. but they coddle the protesters elbow to elbow many w/o (useless)masks and never mention the FACT all these spikes are happening precisely 2weeks after all the protests started.

Coincidence.

I think not.

But the MSM will NEVER broach that subject.

It’s no more a coincidence then Fox News playing the opposite narrative.

They are all biased.

Many just choose not to admit it because they like the crap Fox spews more than the crap CNN spews.

Fact is they are al full of shit.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
It’s no more a coincidence then Fox News playing the opposite narrative.

They are all biased.

Many just choose not to admit it because they like the crap Fox spews more than the crap CNN spews.

Fact is they are al full of shit.
True
However some CNN MSNBC for a couple dont even try to cover it up.

They both totally ignore the change of heart about CHOP in Seattle by Chief and Mayor.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
True
However some CNN MSNBC for a couple dont even try to cover it up.

They both totally ignore the change of heart about CHOP in Seattle by Chief and Mayor.

No different than Fox News repeating Trump campaigns lies about why people didn’t attend his rally.

This applies to all news channels: “Only if it fits their narrative“

News isn’t news anymore.
It is opinion.

They all play the same games, just for different teams.

I don’t watch any of it.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
No different than Fox News repeating Trump campaigns lies about why people didn’t attend his rally.

This applies to all news channels: “Only if it fits their narrative“

News isn’t news anymore.
It is opinion.

They all play the same games, just for different teams.

I don’t watch any of it.
Agreed
You have to take it all and sift through the bs from several sources to get any idea of truth.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts