Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tulsa's mayor:

“I have received information from the Tulsa Police Department and other law enforcement agencies that shows that individuals from organized groups who have been involved in destructive and violent behavior in other States are planning to travel to the city of Tulsa for purposes of causing unrest in and around the rally,” Bynum wrote in the executive order.

The Mob shows up at Tulsa with the intent of looting a Target or two, burning some Wendy's, attacking cops, and worst of all going after the guys attending the Trump rally, and the shit may royally hit the fan.

Tulsa ain't Minneapolis.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
At some point the riots and looting need to be stopped.... by LEO or every-day citizens..... protests all you want, but when it comes to affecting my safety, my family, my life... their right to protest ends.

Reactions: corneileous

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
At some point the riots and looting need to be stopped.... by LEO or every-day citizens..... protests all you want, but when it comes to affecting my safety, my family, my life... their right to protest ends.
exactly and if city leaders dont return rule of law soon every one of us will be.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Also, the SWAT team from Tulsa was the only American team present at the Warrior Games in Jordan last year.

I think they were also the only non military group there, and they impressed a lot of people.

So, badass SWAT team, secret service galore, Oklahoma Highway Patrol SOT (also badasses) and a whole ton of gun loving MAGA supporters.....probably not a good idea to start some stuff this weekend here.

I mean come on, the POTUS and the Vice POTUS are both going to be in the same place tomorrow afternoon. Half of downtown Tulsa is going to be shut down. Will be the most secure place in the country for the next 48 hours.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
The worst part is, downtown Tulsa is a great place.
We always welcome large events to town, and the business owners there love it.

We’ve been hosting part of the NCAA tournament and it is a great economic boost.

This rally should have also been of great economic benefit to those small business owners downtown, as there have been over 1,000,000 people request tickets to attend the rally. People are coming in from all over, hotels are filling up.

Many of these places have only recently opened, if the COVID didn’t put them out of business completely.
Now, many closed their doors yesterday and boarded up the storefronts in hopes of containing damage that may be caused over this weekend.

It’s stupid. Burning down stuff doesn’t help.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Almost as dangerous as TEXAS
Yeah, would hate to see a whole rally group get some coal rolled on them by a whole bunch of skinny white dudes in lifted Ram pickups.

Seriously, do you even have mud in Texas?
Do you have to reengineer parking garages to allow lifted 4x4 pickups?

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The worst part is, downtown Tulsa is a great place.
We always welcome large events to town, and the business owners there love it.

We’ve been hosting part of the NCAA tournament and it is a great economic boost.

This rally should have also been of great economic benefit to those small business owners downtown, as there have been over 1,000,000 people request tickets to attend the rally. People are coming in from all over, hotels are filling up.

Many of these places have only recently opened, if the COVID didn’t put them out of business completely.
Now, many closed their doors yesterday and boarded up the storefronts in hopes of containing damage that may be caused over this weekend.

It’s stupid. Burning down stuff doesn’t help.
Don't forget the Wannamaker!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeah, would hate to see a whole rally group get some coal rolled on them by a whole bunch of skinny white dudes in lifted Ram pickups.

Bwhaaaaaaaaaa no mud but the dust get a little deep though

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol, looks like the line has been drawn.
Hope the lowlifes don’t see this as “challenge accepted”

In a lifetime of dumb tweets that one stands out. No idea why he would feel the need to poke at the mob but he just did.

My guess is nobody will give the MAGA guys trouble, I think the typical Antifa type is a coward and won't start a fight he might not win. But you never know. I'd stay far away from downtown Tulsa on Saturday.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts

Yes we do.
We all dont drive goofy jacked up trucks that never get near dirt either.

As far as Tulsa pretty sure the outcome would(will) be the polar opposite of previous events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
In a lifetime of dumb tweets that one stands out. No idea why he would feel the need to poke at the mob but he just did.

My guess is nobody will give the MAGA guys trouble, I think the typical Antifa type is a coward and won't start a fight he might not win. But you never know. I'd stay far away from downtown Tulsa on Saturday.

hell im in driving range..maybe daytrip.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I live on the edge of Downtown Tulsa. The BOK center is easily within walking distance. Hopefully no trouble gets started downtown. If it does I will just load all my rifle and pistol mags. And be ready. I have no concerns over those who just want to protest. May need a good police scanner to monitor the activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,525 Posts

Those people probably don't realize what he is saying. They are in an echo chamber. Maybe Trumps warning will penetrate, but I do doubt it. I do agree that this like so many others was a stupid move. It does look like he is cheerleading these guys getting demolished by the PD.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts