Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share since you'all have been so helpful that my XDS arrived today. She came in a beautiful suitcase full of stuff...some recognizable and some little knickknacks that i have no clue what they are for but sure do look pretty.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congratulations, hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to take her to the range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Congrats! Picked mine up on Friday. 150 rounds and I am in love. Accurate and easy to handle. 200 more rounds and it will be in my carry rotation.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Mine has been an excellent pistol...goes bang everytime I pull the trigger and I can hit sh$t with it too! Congrats, your gonna enjoy this little powerhouse!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I decided to do this the right way...hired an instructor who will take me out to the range on Monday and start on this journey under the watchful eye of a trained professional. I want to learn this the right way in case I have to use it to save my life or the life of my family.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well, I decided to do this the right way...hired an instructor who will take me out to the range on Monday and start on this journey under the watchful eye of a trained professional. I want to learn this the right way in case I have to use it to save my life or the life of my family.
Good idea, better to learn it right the first time, than try to correct bad habits later. Let us know how it goes and enjoy the gun.

It shoots smooth, with more of a push, than a snap. I wish I could afford the ammo to shoot mine more.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you have no other you can trust to teach you, then this is surely the way to go...smart move and good luck!

·
Registered
264 Posts
JFZ59 said:
Well, I decided to do this the right way...hired an instructor who will take me out to the range on Monday and start on this journey under the watchful eye of a trained professional. I want to learn this the right way ...
That sounds to me like a very wise approach to me since, apparently, you are new to firearms (only handguns, perhaps?).

Quite frankly, I have a hard time imagining what that is like having been introduced to firearms at ~6-7 years old by my dad on my granddad's farm (where I now live). I expect that most of the folks here started out early, too.

I congratulate you for taking this step. :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
That sounds to me like a very wise approach to me since, apparently, you are new to firearms (only handguns, perhaps?).

Quite frankly, I have a hard time imagining what that is like having been introduced to firearms at ~6-7 years old by my dad on my granddad's farm (where I now live). I expect that most of the folks here started out early, too.

I congratulate you for taking this step. :D
I'm like you, started shooting in elementary school. I have had lots of friends who had never held a gun before we went shooting. I think being an instructor would be so much fun and rewarding, might have to make that my retirement career in a few years.

Waiting to hear how the lessons went.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts