Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yesterday i went to the gun shop and held a few guns mostly glocks and Taurus two other brand guns i like, didnt have the XD but shop owner was telling me good things about them :) so here in about two weeks i think i might go ahead and get one. im stuck tho on ether getign the 40 or the 357sig so what do u think would be the best buy ?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
The 357 sig will be the most expensive to shoot. Go with a .40 or 9mm.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the Taurus i have is 9mm great gun :) love it dont plan on ever selling it its my first handgun, with the 357sig ammo how much does a box of shells go for compaird to 40.cal box of shells?

·
Registered
27 Posts
"shooting times autoloaders buyers guide 2004" magazine did a .357 XD tourture test with 5000 rounds you may be interested in reading. I found the issue at a bass pro shops store a few days ago. It maybe available for a back issue order too.

They picked the .357 because recoil and muzzle slide velocity generated higher stress to the polymer frame than the 9mm or 40mm. Good luck.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can get WWB 9mm 100 rounds for about 12 bucks at walmart not too sure about .40 though. Probably around 15-17 dollars.

I would get the .40 because you can convert it to either 9mm or .357. It's like having 3 guns in one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At least hold off on buying something else until you have a chance to handle a XD. for me the XD fits my hand like a glove, and ergonomics are an important consideration.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Shnozzer-xd-9 said:
You can get WWB 9mm 100 rounds for about 12 bucks at walmart not too sure about .40 though. Probably around 15-17 dollars.

I would get the .40 because you can convert it to either 9mm or .357. It's like having 3 guns in one.
WWB at wal-mart .40 s&w I pay 15.97/100

My wal-mart people HATE me since I'm usually buying 3 calibers at once they just hate when I make them stack all those pretty white boxes up :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya i think im pretty stuck on the .357sig XD but the 45 gap is sweet to i think i migh thold out on geting a XD for my self and get one for my brother first his been wanting a handgun for awhile so i might be nice and buy him a XD :p and sice we live together im down for sharing , i think he wants the 45 GAP i showed him a pic of it and he was asking me about the gun and we got to talking about it . so i might get him that his to fav cals are 40,357sig,45 pretty much the same taste as me

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well not to get of topic but i just go some hi-cap mags for my Taurus only got two 17 rounders plan geting 3 more mags for that gun its just feels so good to have hi-cap mags now that are taurus mags :) tomarrow i have to get my ohio lic, for got to do that today was going to order my bro the gun today but i need a in state lic to do that well i guess tomarrows a nother day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts