Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking to get a nice Maxpedition backpack for a while. The other day I saw they had a promo going, to where you could get a free water bottle with orders over $100. So I went ahead and ordered the Condor II backpack. I didn't want the biggest one they had, but didnt' want the small one either. Plus I like how it has the straps on the bottom so I can roll up a mat or tarp or something.

Now I've seen a lot of Youtube videos on packing bug out bags and such. However I'm wanting to somewhat make this a multi-purpose bag. I want to bring this whenever I go on hunting trips, rather than throwing a bunch of crap in a duffel bag. It seems I always forget something important when I pack to go hunting the day before. This way, if I forget something..chances are I'll have it in there for the next time. I also want to have some smaller "survival" items in there like fire-starters, first aid kit, poncho in there too. That way if I do ever need to leave my place fairly quickly, I don't have to come up with everything on the spot.

Keep in mind I'm single with no kids so I don't have to worry about providing for others. I thought about always keeping my Ruger MK III in the water bladder area, so I have some sort of firearm for small game hunting. I realize I have a smaller type bag for what most of you consider "bug out bags", but I just want the basics. I'm not going to be packing tons of ammo, food, and water to last me 3+ days, just enough for 1-2.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I think that is a great bag if it suits your needs, the problem with bigger bags is you tend to feel a need to fill them and that gets heavy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that is a great bag if it suits your needs, the problem with bigger bags is you tend to feel a need to fill them and that gets heavy!
Thanks ZH. Like I said, I plan on putting the basic survival stuff in it. Going to save part of the main compartments to stuff all my hunting clothes in. I find that's what takes up a lot of room.

I also plan to get a small Maxpedition Lunada for the trunk of my car. In there I'll keep some more car-related stuff like state maps, flares, first-aid and an emergency radio just in case. I also need to get a nice fold-up shovel..could have used one of those last year to dig myself out of some snow. Man this stuff can get expensive! But I will like having the peace of mind knowing I will always have it with me.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Yea soon as you get this pack together you should post it in the BOB/GHB thread with pics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got the pack, but all that is currently in it is a Buck knife, heavy winter socks, and the yellow water bottle I got with it. I had to get a lot of clothes for this upcoming deer season, so I can't spend too much more money on other things. I do have some items in an Amazon cart, for when I get paid next. Here are the next thing to go into it:

-100' Green Paracord
-Gobspark Firesteel
-Fisher Space Pen
-Rite in Rain Memo Book
-Black Diamond Rocklock Screwgate Carabiner (got two of them to hang off the bag).

Slowwwwly but surely I'll get there. I also plan on getting a small 1 or 2 person tent. This backpack has two straps so I can attach a sleeping bag or something on the bottom. I'm hoping they will fit something like that. I know a lot of people throw a tarp or something in there, but I figure, why not a small tent? It's only myself if I plan on bugging out. Plus I'll have one available if I go on any random camping trips and there is no room in a friend's camper.

EDIT: Oh and I don't have any pics because, I honestly don't own a digital camera and I'm WAY too lazy to transfer a photo off my phone and onto the computer. :) You all know what they look like though, it's got the Digital Camo on it, which I love the looks of.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Well I got the pack, but all that is currently in it is a Buck knife, heavy winter socks, and the yellow water bottle I got with it. I had to get a lot of clothes for this upcoming deer season, so I can't spend too much more money on other things. I do have some items in an Amazon cart, for when I get paid next. Here are the next thing to go into it:

-100' Green Paracord
-Gobspark Firesteel
-Fisher Space Pen
-Rite in Rain Memo Book
-Black Diamond Rocklock Screwgate Carabiner (got two of them to hang off the bag).

Slowwwwly but surely I'll get there. I also plan on getting a small 1 or 2 person tent. This backpack has two straps so I can attach a sleeping bag or something on the bottom. I'm hoping they will fit something like that. I know a lot of people throw a tarp or something in there, but I figure, why not a small tent? It's only myself if I plan on bugging out. Plus I'll have one available if I go on any random camping trips and there is no room in a friend's camper.

EDIT: Oh and I don't have any pics because, I honestly don't own a digital camera and I'm WAY too lazy to transfer a photo off my phone and onto the computer. :) You all know what they look like though, it's got the Digital Camo on it, which I love the looks of.
Sweet!

Fisher Space Pens are excellent for poking out the eyes of zombies ... enjoy filling your new bag,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! Yea I have a feeling I'll like organizing it. It will take time and lots of money though. :)

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts