Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went in to rual king to look around. Deal of the week hawk 982 home defense model. Could had got one with the pistol grip or without. Went without because I didn't want it to get snagged if I'm pulling it out the squad car. Price with tax 194. Guy behind the counter had done 4 days research on them. Said they accept all 870 parts minus internals and barrels. Customer said it eats everything he fed it.

what do you guys think?

sent by the german shepherd next to me

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thoughts. I am going to be happy. Put it on layaway for two weeks. Then I will get it. It will be worth it

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
You are sure to have $200 worth of fun.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amen to that

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Chinese clone... Heavier than 870 and different internals. Every thing outside will take 870 from what Ive read. So far no major issues with them.

When you get it post some pics of the outside and internals. Also a range report.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know I will. Could had payed for it all, but pay bills first. Next check it's all mine

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got the money to get my shotgun today. Illinois has a 24 hour waiting period when purchasing long guns and 72 hours for handguns. The problem is when do you start the waiting period. Lots of places say different things.

Illinois State Police | Federal Firearms Licensed Dealers Information
The official information is that it starts when you come to agreement.

So I was thinking that putting money down and layaway would start the waiting period. So I called yesterday to confirm this with rural king. The manager informed me that all I had to do is pay the rest of the money and it would come home that day. I said great.

So today I arrive at rural king to pay and bring home my shotgun. The gun counter had one group of guys looking and the guy behind the counter was helping them. I waited and another man comes up. He asks me what I need and I inform him I'm her to pick up the shotgun. He asks for the receipt from the initial down payment. I informed him the guy last week said that it was in the system and that I didn't need the receipt. He said, "No if you don't have it then You lost your down payment and the gun for that price."

He then goes on and helps the next customer after me. I sit there and wait another 10 minutes. He looks at me and says, "what?" I told him to get the manager. He calls and the manager helps him on the phone pull up the information on the computer showing I paid and when I put the down payment down. So Paid filled out the form and grabbed a case and some shells.

When it was all said and done the guy says ok come back tomorrow. I was like no the waiting period is over. He then proceeds to tell me it doesn't work like that. I try to show him the website and he says its a lie. I'm starting to shake at this point. I had already been told that this was coming home when I pay. So I demand a manager. He said, "The manager will say the same thing and he will cancel the sell and you won't get anything". It took everything in me to not blow up on this guy.

The manager comes and I explain to him whats going on. He says that I won't be bringing home the shotgun that I haven't met the waiting period. I tried to show him the information and he didn't want to see it. The guy behind the counter tried to get me kicked out. The manager did shut him up. The manager explained store policy is that the waiting period doesn't start until you fill out the paperwork.

I explained to him that I've purchased firearms this way as long as I had written agreement between a FFL and myself saying i'm purchasing the firearm (to save me multiple trips). The manager refused to look at the LAW and told me come back tomorrow.

Needless to say I was on fire the whole entire time. So tomorrow I'm going back getting the shotgun. I am furious that I was told one thing then when I get there I'm told different. Then I get told my purchase will be canceled. Never again will I be purchasing from rural king. This is just insane.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
I'd have demanded my money back

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
After you get it tomorrow, tell them to pound sand and that you will never spend another dime there. That is absurd.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
This comes to mind.

Click on it for animation. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah. If it wasn't such a damn good deal I would had just said screw you (being nice for the family setting here, Different wording in store). I won't ever spend a dime in that store again. I'm beyond upset.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So Yocan is offering me to borrow his shotgun and then I can save up for something else. I'm kinda split. I would love to have my own shotgun, but the treatment I received today Is just horrible and I don't want to have to ever experience that again.

So tell them give me my money and to go screw themselves and use Yocan's shotty for awhile (possibly buy it off him If I like it)

Or keep the Hawk and tell them screw themselves and Never shop there again?

·
Registered
30,301 Posts
So Yocan is offering me to borrow his shotgun and then I can save up for something else. I'm kinda split. I would love to have my own shotgun, but the treatment I received today Is just horrible and I don't want to have to ever experience that again.

So tell them give me my money and to go screw themselves and use Yocan's shotty for awhile (possibly buy it off him If I like it)

Or keep the Hawk and tell them screw themselves and Never shop there again?
Not only would I cancel the sale, I would do everything in my power to get that salesman fired.

"What!?"

Uh, I'm a paying customer THAT'S ******* WHAT!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Show your dissatisfaction with your $ and your feet. Tell everyone you come in contact with and send the owner of the business a letter stating the facts of the transactions. The salesman may not give a damn, but the owner will if it costs him money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That's a circle jerk for sure.
Nice thing about a CC permit in TX. I can walk in any shop pick out and pay for any weapon (long gun or pistol) show my CHL and walk out the door with my purchase. No waiting required all I need to do is the paperwork.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
If Illinois ever finds out about spud guns there will probably be a waiting period on potatoes.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'd cancel the sale, and inform the owner of the business as to how you were treated.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts