Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First. I've been lurking here for a while. I appreciate the quality info here...so thanks!

Next. I had two FTEs that I can't figure out. The spent case was half out of the chamber, the slide cycled back and picked up the next round. It then fed under the empty case still in the chamber. Of course that is where the working stopped. It appears that extractor pulled the case half out - then let go.

Gun has had 300 rounds through it. Using Winchester white box. At least one round was the first of the magazine. Of course XDs 9mm.

Glad to hear some theories.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Not uncommon. Most likely the extractor is loosing it's grip on the rim of the case so it doesn't completely extract the case from the chamber. I'd first make sure the extractor claw is not damaged and then check the extractor tension. It's a bit more involved if the extractor isn't the issue so I'd start there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok i had the PRP Spring kit installed on my xds45. Since then i have been having lots of FTE. First i field stripped the gun and cleaned it real good also inspected the ejector claw and made sure it wasnt damaged. Back to the range today and same issue. Was using Freedom Munitions 230 gr FMJ new also the 230 JHP with the same issurs. Next a good cleaning and im going to try some Federal 230 FMJ and see what happens. Anyone else ever have these issues?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
... also inspected the ejector claw and made sure it wasnt damaged. ...
Point of clarification to help with diagnosis:
- The extractor moves with slide, it is the 'claw' attached to slide
- The ejector does not move, it is a 'point' anchored to top of frame

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
If it is stock then it is possible that it is the ammo or your grip. If it changed by PRP then the springs can be to light. I had PRP springs and was causing light strikes. I changed one spring and BOOM no more problems. If everything is in good working and no chips then you may have had a bad round. WWB isn't the best ammo.

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Registered
49 Posts
The claw on the side near the port. I have no problems with firing the gun just wont eject the spent cartridge.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
The claw on the side near the port. I have no problems with firing the gun just wont eject the spent cartridge.
is the claw chipped? Is the area clean? (takes a lot to gum it up but can happen)
WWB? Its Freedom Munitions ammo.
Op said winchester white box (wwb)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes its clean and looks pretty good. im going to try some Federal Ammo and hope that was the problem.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
does your ejector drag on the slide at all? if it doesn't eject, it's usually a slide speed issue either by limp wristing or impingement of parts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
While firing i made sure for a fact that i wasnt limp wristing. It does drag. When i lock the slide back it seems to be in place to slide on the cartridge. And the tension on the claw is pretty tight. I takes some effort to move it back and forth.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lol not to much, just enough to where the back end of it is flush with the slide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts