Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep having lite primer hits on my .40 Tactical. I borrowed a friends .40 Kimber and fired over 150 rounds of the same ammo without failure, so I don't believe it's the ammo. I completely disaasembled the XD the firing pin assembly, cleaned and lubricated it, and put it back together the way it came apart. It still fails to strike the primer hard enough on each round often enough that I do not trust it in competition.

My next move is to get a new firing pin spring (preferrably an x-tra power one) quickly because I have 2 matches coming up over the next 2 weekends. Does anyone know where I can get one quickly? I plan to call Springfield in the morning, but with their new policy on selling parts, I'm not real hopeful of getting one from them.

In case your wondering, I've fired about 2500-3000 rounds out of the gun so far.

Any help would be appreciated!

Matt

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ajames or Old School might have the part laying around. Don't count on SA sending you anything unless you're a SA gunsmith.

Good Luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it dents the primer and most of the rounds do go off. However, some of them took up to 3-4 striker hits before they went "bang". With my friend's Kimber, they all went "bang" on the first try.

I have a West Texas State IDPA match in 2 weeks, and a practice USPSA match this weekend in Albuquerque that I want to attend so I hope someone can help me out.

I think that I can understand Springfield's position in this "sue-happy" world, but not being able to buy spare parts sometimes makes me wonder if I made the right decision in buying a pistol from them. :evil:

·
Registered
889 Posts
I was just wondering, I thought that's what was happening to me, but then I found one of the rounds that I ejected (I don't have time to practice, so it's always at matches), and there wasn't a dent in it so I started looking at other things, and may have come up with something, but haven't had time to get to the range, or a match yet, to check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts