Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debt ceiling deadline: Why it matters - May. 16, 2011

Looks like old Timmy G at the Treasury is going to try to play a shell game and keep things going until the 11th hour when politicians decide to quit posturing and address the issue.

No good can come of this.

·
Premium Member
127,279 Posts
I hit my debt ceiling a long time ago! :rolleyes:

·
21,879 Posts
You mean they are going to max out their credit card and no one to punish them... :rolleyes:

What a shame!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Treasury Confirms Debt Ceiling To Be Breached Today; Will Tap Pension Funds | zero hedge

They are taking money from pension's to cover the shortages. Outstanding, how about the Big time Congress and Executive branch take a hair cut rather than the Military and others that are part of the thrift saving's plan. It's bad enough that the Medically Retired are getting chopped with their altering of the CIP to adjust COLA.

Day's like this make me glad that I'm no longer in the Military. Nothing like the big green weenie sticking it to ya again. BOHICA.

I wonder how much further they are going to push this idiocy before the rope starts showing up in the form of random nooses hanging off the street lamp's in D.C. without any sign's of who is leaving them there.

I have to say my instinct's are telling me this will get a lot worse, before they start thinking about what they are doing, rather than being reactionary idiot's.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
First pension funds. Then people's 401 K plans eventually. The money will just magically disappear and they'll blame it on something else.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A couple of things here:
The border is non-existant between Afghanistan and Pakistan so if some insurgent A-Hole crosses over and fires on Americans and then tries to run back Pakistan you had better believe we are going to persue.
In the case of the helecopter exchanging fire with the Pakistan Military don't be quick to believe that happened on the Pakistan side of the border.

·
Registered
360 Posts
A couple of things here:
The border is non-existant between Afghanistan and Pakistan so if some insurgent A-Hole crosses over and fires on Americans and then tries to run back Pakistan you had better believe we are going to persue.
In the case of the helecopter exchanging fire with the Pakistan Military don't be quick to believe that happened on the Pakistan side of the border.

I sat on the border for 10 months on a mountain watching the stupid donkey trail's. I've even been in Pakistan a couple of times. Without a passport.

·
Registered
360 Posts
i guess you miss my point.
No I didn't. I was pointing out how your point had already been taken into account and was meaningless. I will be sure to be bluntly obvious about it next time. 200+ miles over the border is not a helicopter chase. That's a strategic strike. Just like it was for use in 2009, we had to watch how close we were and report any time we crossed the border, which like I stated already was several times.

That's like any unit saying they have no idea where they are at with the BF system, and the DAGR in the lead scout's truck while sitting in the FOB...

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
No I didn't. I was pointing out how your point had already been taken into account and was meaningless. I will be sure to be bluntly obvious about it next time. 200+ miles over the border is not a helicopter chase. That's a strategic strike. Just like it was for use in 2009, we had to watch how close we were and report any time we crossed the border, which like I stated already was several times.

That's like any unit saying they have no idea where they are at with the BF system, and the DAGR in the lead scout's truck while sitting in the FOB...
You missed his point twice.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any way Pakistan and Obamacare aside I was just pointing out one issue that could cause negative impacts on the lives of Americans down the road.

Hopefully the opposite happens, the politicans get a reality check and we start down a path toward getting our financial house in order.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Our bipartisan government will drown us. While they are busy bickering and squabbling over party lines, the sandman cometh.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Any way Pakistan and Obamacare aside I was just pointing out one issue that could cause negative impacts on the lives of Americans down the road.

Hopefully the opposite happens, the politicans get a reality check and we start down a path toward getting our financial house in order.
I think the reality is we will go to war with China just to cancel the debt we owe them. And if that happens...

·
Banned
38,922 Posts

More like ... They can do anything they want.

There is no hope ... People have voted for that word a few to many times, already.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts